-29-

S3

- Chapter 29 -
Take Me As I Am

- Chapter 29 -Take Me As I Am

I stand in an ABC studio that's in a Manhattan skyscraper as one of the employees for the channel mics me up

I stand in an ABC studio that's in a Manhattan skyscraper as one of the employees for the channel mics me up. I hold my shirt up as the man is behind me getting it situated. My heart was beating fast as my thoughts became jumbled. It's been a week since Jacobi outed my status. I kept quiet the entire week while finishing up my vacation with Draco in London. I stayed off of social media trying to figure out what to do despite Jacobi running his mouth to TMZ. Now I find myself about to do an interview for ABC News with Robin Roberts at the advisement of my publicist.

"You couldn't have gotten anybody else to do the interview besides Robin?" I ask my publicist as she stands close by with my assistant. Don't get me wrong, she's cool, but she can be pushy. She's doing her job, but sometimes she seems like a robot letting the station control her even at the cost of other Black people.

When I was working with Chris Brown after the incident with Rihanna, I just remember the interview she did with him. She kept asking about Rihanna instead of his music. Then the Nate Parker interview where she brought up his rape and asked if he wanted to apologize when he was acquitted. I just hope I don't regret doing this interview.

"If she tries me, I might cuss her out. I don't play that shit when it comes to my life, especially my status," I say honestly as my hairstylist brushes through my hair.

"Jesus," Tabitha starts. "I don't remember you being like this." I think I've been spending too much time with Draco, to be honest. "No cursing anybody out. If she asks something you don't want to answer maneuver your way out of it. You know how. You've had media training. If it gets too much we'll end the interview early."

After the man has me mic'd up Paloma comes over to me brushing a makeup brush around my face adding more powder. "Don't worry. You got this. You'll handle this with grace and class like you do everything else. You're a bad bitch and that's what bad bitches do. Smile for the camera and sit pretty," she says stepping back from me smiling.