-58-

Season 6: Fall, 2018

- Chapter 58 -
Blood In, Blood Out

- Chapter 58 -Blood In, Blood Out

After dropping my son, Ravi, off to my parent's house in the Bronx, I drive towards the address of a funeral home by GPS

After dropping my son, Ravi, off to my parent's house in the Bronx, I drive towards the address of a funeral home by GPS. I sigh heavily looking at the huge flower arrangement I managed to fit into the front seat. When a tear starts to dot my lash line I pull down the visor mirror using my index finger to carefully pat, so I don't ruin my makeup. Today's going to be one of those days...

While leaving my parent's house I have a million thoughts. Honestly, ever since I married Apollo I haven't had the closest relationship to my parents. They knew what he does in these streets, so they felt like he would only bring trouble to my life. They only tolerated Apollo because he pays their bills and makes sure they're taken care of. Now that Apollo got arrested they had their 'I told you so' moment and lectures they've been waiting to say for almost a decade.

After making the long drive from Bronx to New Jersey, I pull up to the funeral home where numerous luxury cars are parked out front. I walk in and all eyes shift to me as everyone's wearing black suits and dresses.

I'm quickly greeted with a hug and condolences before someone declares, "I guess that's all the family. Let's all exit, so we can get to the cemetery for the ceremony."

I look around all the people that're mostly De Carlo family members including Ar'mon. The first thing I notice is Draco and Glock are missing, but I say nothing. That quickly I'm back out the door walking out to my black Rolls Royce Phantom climbing into the driver's seat as. Some family members get in as well, so I'm not riding alone.

The Cadillac hearse carrying the body and casket pulls out first then the processional of cars carrying family members and close friends follow suit as we're escorted by police vehicles and motorcycles.

Even though it's happening it feels like an out of body experience. I can't even wrap my head around the fact Ares is gone...dead...killed, at that.

Even with the life the De Carlo brothers lived, Ares was the last person you expected to be killed especially the way it happened. Shot in the head right at his front door left to be found by his pregnant girlfriend.