-16-

Season 1: Finale

- Chapter 16 -
Swallow My Pride

- Chapter 16 -Swallow My Pride

As we drive through Times Square, I look out of the window from the backseat of our Uber

As we drive through Times Square, I look out of the window from the backseat of our Uber. I look up seeing a big screen with an ad for Bulgari with Desdemona modeling for it. I hadn't seen or talked to her in weeks, but I was currently heading to the launch of her line with Bulgari.

I knew Desdemona was avoiding me. Every time I called she would respond with a text message. I couldn't just show up at her office like I would before when she ignored me because it was still closed and being re-done. I didn't get the point of her doing things if she was going to regret them later. It's not that hard to stop yourself before it goes too far. A conversation definitely needed to be had tonight. It's probably not the right place or time, but when else? The way she's been acting I was surprised I still got an invite to this event.

Apart of me was thinking it was something else going on with her and not us sleeping together. I saw in the blogs her Dad had a secret child he's been hiding for over a decade. Maybe she was upset over that. Maybe it was embarrassing so she was laying low until it blew over. That's if it's true because you can never believe everything you read in gossip blogs nowadays.

I look over at Saanvi who is sitting next to me in the backseat too engrossed with her phone. I didn't want to bring her, but it was apart of our agreement. If we're not actually going to be together, but keeping up this facade we need to at least go to events as a couple. If we're going to get something out of this bullshit relationship let it be publicity and attention. It was weird though because I've never been the public type with relationships. I didn't like how we're now being posted as relationship goals, fashions new 'it' couple, and being followed by paparazzi when we go out because Saanvi calls them and tells them where we're going.

We pull up to a hotel getting in the line of cars of people arriving to the event. I look at the black carpet that everyone's walking down, the lights emitting the Bulgari logo onto the building, and the crowd of people there to take pictures for blog sites and magazines. I knew I would feel out of my element once again. I wanted to do this whole record label and clothing line thing, but I could do without this type of stuff. Truthfully, I only came tonight because I wanted to see and talk to Desdemona.