Chapter 1

"Hurry up mom!"
I screamed joyfully. We were going out for my 17th birthday
"Mikey stop crying please? I'll give you some candy! I handed over a lollipop to my little brother Mikey. He finally shut up.

"You kids ready for some Olive Garden?" My mom said as she got in the car. Mikey and I both screamed excited. As my mom pulled onto the highway, a semi truck slammed into the driver side of our SUV.
"AHHH" Me and Mikey screamed. I blacked out.

When I woke up, I heard the hum and beeping of machines behind me.
"Hi sweetie" my grandmother said,
"How are you".

I tried to sit up but I had horrible pain in my head and my leg.
"I'm alright where's my mom and Mikey?" I asked.
"Honey, your mother"She sniffled "A semi truck hit your mother and she died on impact, Mikey woke up and is at your house with the babysitter.I cried. I didn't believe my mom died. I though she would walk into my hospital room, completely unharmed and take me home. I felt completely alone, even though I still had my grandma (she lived in a retirement home) and Mikey but me and my mom were close and it hurt to see my best friend go.

"I think I'm ready to leave, now".
The nurse came in and unhooked me from a couple monitors and I was wheeled out on a wheel chair and put in my grandma's car.

We drove home in silence, with the occasional tear or sniffle. Once we arrived, Mikey greeted me at the door. He hopped up into my wheelchair and sat on my lap. I winced in pain as he tightly squeezed my neck.

"Mike let me go" I said annoyed.
He looked at me with puppy eyes full of tears.
"Where's mommy?"
"Mikey let's go inside I think we have some leftover ice cream" grandma called. Mikey ran off my lap and into the house. my grandma wheeled me inside the house. I kept thinking, what's going to happen to us?

Grandma lives in a retirement homes with no kids, we can't stay there. My grandma must have noticed the tears
gathering in my eyes and said,
"Honey is something bugging you?"
No other than the fact that my mom is dead and I don't know what's going to happen to me and my brother, other than that life is fudging peachy.

Hi I'm Meghan, the author, with you have suggestions, please comment!! I'm super nice and I might even add you into the story! I'll try to update a chapter a day so until then 😘 btw do you guys kind if I curse?