Chapter 20

Indie pov
When I woke up, I had horrible head pains. I groaned. Di was hovering over my head. I was afraid she was going to yell.

"Hi" I meakly said. She took my hand.
"You were drugged hunny, it wasn't your fault." She sounded disappointed.
I sighed in relif, she didn't know I drank.
"Mom who brought me here" I asked her. She blankly stared at me.
"You just called me mom!" She said excitingly. I held my hands to my head. She quieted down.

"I believe Luke did dear"
"Can you call him. I asked.
She walked over and sat in the chair. I handed her my phone and she dialed his number

"Luke, she's awake. Oh you are? Ok see you then." She also texted cam.
"Cam will be here in 15 minutes, Lukes on his way." We talked about random things like how the funeral was. Di did really remind me of my mom. I hope she didn't mind that I called her that. She went to answer the door when someone knocked.

Luke rushed and Di walked out.
He grabbed my hand, "indie are you alright" He Quickly asked me. I nodded my head. His phone rung, but he ignored it.

"I was so worried, your a funny drunk" he laughed.
"I wasn't drunk" I said seriously.
He laughed again "wasted".
I found myself laughing. I hated being mad at Luke.

We talked and talked normally, just as we used to do at the orphanage. It was the best. After a while Cam walked in. Luke said hi and bye to Cam. Cam was wearing sweatpants and a tshirt, his hair was messy. I wrapped him in a hug. I winced when he accidentally touched one of my stitches

"Dam I'm sorry" he got nervous.
"It's okay" I giggled.
I planted a kiss on his soft lips.
"When can you get out of here." Can asked me.
I pressed the call button behind my bed. A kind-faced woman responded.
"How can I help you miss..." she looked at her chart "Miss indie O'Neil?"
"When can I leave" I asked her. She shuffled around some papers.
"I can perform a test to see if your ok to go" she told me. She pricked my skin with a shot. I squeezed Cams hand.

The nurse left the room and came back after about a 10 minutes.
"Your ready to go honey, you just need a guardian to sign some papers."
"She's in the lobby" I told her. She walked out of the room. Anther nurse came in and unhooked me from a morphine pump.

I stood up, eager to leave and fell over. Cam picked me up and carried me bridal style to the car.

My mom walked into the car after 5 minutes. I sat sprawled out on cams lap. He curled my hair around his finger. We drove back to my house.
"Cam will you be staying for dinner, were having tacos" Di said.
"Sure why not" he pulled a piece of my hair off his finger and I giggled. When we got home.

Cam insisted on carrying. I couldn't stop laughing. He scooped me up and walked into the house. He gently set me on the couch.
"Cam get my phone" I asked.
He ran upstairs and grabbed my phone. When he came back down he was pretty steamed. I leaned against him, he just shrugged me off. I disregarded it. As I clicked on my phone I saw what he was upset about.

2 messages from "Luke"
*when are you going to break it off with cam?
*did u do it yet?
I sat there shocked. I started to tear up. I tried to cradle my head in his chest but he stood up.
"Cam, cam no stop please let me explain!" I shouted. I tried to stand up, but stumbled and fell at his feet. I pulled on his pants.

"Cam" I begged, out of breathe and in pain. He debated it in his mind then picked me up and set me on the couch.
"I have to go" he croaked out. He wiped his tears on his shirt and left. I buried my head in a pillow and bawled. Cam though I was cheating on him! I wish he knew I would never do that to him. I called Michael over to hang out so I had to get upstairs and change.

I called Nash downstairs to see if he would help me up. He gave me a piggy back ride to my room. I changed into sweats and one of cams tank tops.

I attempted to put on makeup over my black eye and stitches but made no progress. I sat on my bed and texted cam.
-Please let me call you I swear I did nothing with him, I really need you please
No response. I fell asleep long before Michael arrived.