Chapter 52

The drive back to my apartment was silent most of the time. We left at 3am. Before I left I changed into a tank top and leggings.
"Indie you can get some sleep, this is going to be a long drive." Louis said.
I told his advice and laid down in the backseat and fell asleep.
~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~
LUKE POV
~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•
I sat on the roof of my house. I flipped open my pack of cigarettes and lit one. Slowly, I breathed in the smoke and blew it out in small streams.
"You know she would hate that" Someone said. Michael hopped out the window and climbed on the roof next to me.

I took another drag. "I'm sorry"
Michael shook his head. "then why aren't you stopping?" He questioned.
"Because maybe with I do something she doesn't like, she'll come back and stop me."

The rest of the time, we sat in silence. I slowly crushed my cigarette and flicked it away. I reached into my pack for another.
"Luke stop, you need to be alive for when she comes back!" Michael objected.

I lit another. "you have no idea how much I miss her" i sniffled. I'm not usually a cry-baby, but I wasn't in the mood to be bitched at.
I stared at the rising sun and wiped a year off my cheek.

Michael punched my arm "hello?"
I shook my head "ya what?"
"Dude your spacing out, want me to go get Calum?" He asked.
"Nah, can you leave me alone for a bit?" I asked. He nodded and climbed back inside.

I leaned back on the house. We'd canceled all of our concerts, waiting for her to come back. She was like the glue that kept us together. She was the reason I met these people in the first place.
~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•
INDIE POV
~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•
I woke up after a while of driving.
"We're almost there" Louis said.
"Probably about 10 minutes away."

I stretched. I grabbed a water bottle out of the cup holder.
"Uh don't drink that, it's bad"
He said, he handed me another one. I chugged most of it.

We pulled up at the end of Lukes street.
"Thank you louis." I said.
I gave him a quick hug. He handed me a small sports bag. I reached inside. My ring, a letter and my phone were stuffed inside.

"Indie, tell Luke to protect you." he said. Before I started walking he grabbed my arm.
"With you ever need anything you call me, I'm not as bad as you think." He said. I nodded.

I flung the bag over my shoulder and took off running. I bolted to his house. Louis took off.
"LUCAS" I screamed. Someone scrambled around on his roof.
"Indie?" Someone screamed back.

I ran into his house and into his room. He was already standing there, teary-eyed. He ran into me and smacked his lips into mine.
"I must be dreaming" he whispered.
I smiled. "nope"

Luke wreaked of smoke.
"Luke you've been smoking I can smell it" I said, disappointed
Luke hugged me.
"I missed you" he pulled me out
"Indie who were you with?" He asked.

"I don't know" I lied.
I didn't want to ruin their band.
"Ok indie, come on" Luke said, dragging me downstairs.
We hopped in his car.
"I found her!" He screamed.

Police officers and reporters swarmed us. We doges them and ran into the station.