Chapter 18

After eating our pizza, Cam decided to go home. I reluctantly texted luke.
you can come over.
About a minute later, he was tapping on my window. I unlatched the lock and let him in.

"How may I help you" I asked him, slightly annoyed. He didn't speak but instead gave me a huge hug. I awkwardly stood there. He smelled sour, like cigarette smoke.
"I missed you" he said.
"Your an as*hole" I mumbled under my breathe.
"You smell bad" I told him, I haven't seen him in so long I didn't realize he had gotten a lip ring.
"Oh uh that's nothing" he responses quickly.

We hung out and it was pretty awkward. After about ten minutes I got a text from Megan saying "come to ash's were having a party" I stared to get up.
"I'm going out you can stay if you want." I told him, I grabbed my car keys and headed to the party. Ash let me in, he was wearing a bandana around his hair and a tank top. He smelled like alcohol. He pulled me into a bear hug. I awkwardly walked in to a room full of drunk people dancing and laughed.

"SHELBY WHAT ARE YOU DOING" I called over the music. She was dancing while making out with Ash. Ugh whatever. I walked into the kitchen.
"Michael pour me a drink"
I demanded. I had never had any liquor in my life besides sips of my mothers champagne. I sipped the liquid down my throat, first burning then turning sweet. I finished it in under a minute and began to feel slightly dizzy. I ignored it and gulped down a couple other glasses, all making me feel quite woozy. I suddenly had what I like to call "party fever" so I decided to dance. I stubbled my way over to the dance floor and began dancing.

I didn't recognize any of the people here. Someone slid their hands down my my hips. I vaguely recognized who it was, but I continued dancing. This stranger began to rub his lips along my neck. I pushed him off of me and he stumbled back. He was obviously drunk.

I disappeared back into the kitchen. I went to reach for another drink when someone slid one in my hand. It fizzed weirdly, but I disregarded it. I gulped down the drink and began to feel light-headed.

I leaned against a wall covering my face in my hands. The stranger came and grabbed my wrists shoving me against the wall.
"Let me go" I studdered, my voice slurred. The stranger was about my probably 1 year older than me brown hair and piercing grey eyes. I couldn't move. I held my breathe hoping he would go away.

When he saw me giving him dirty looks, he punched me in the face twice. I screeched. I felt blood trickle down the side of my hairline. Someone grabbed him off of me and threw him to the ground. Then someone carried me into the bathroom.

"Omg indie I would have came earlier are you ok" Luke asked.
I nodded my head. He cleaned the blood off my face and led me to the garden to get away from the party-goers. I payed on the grass, Luke leaned on the side of the house. He reached into his pocket and pulled out a cigarette and lighter and began smoking. I watched him carefully as he took gentle breathes in and then slowly breathing out white clouds of smoke.

I stumbled over to him and attempted to reach the cigarette, wanting to try.
He pushed me off of him
"Indie no stop" He gently walked me over to a chair.
"Pleaseee" i begged.
"It's a bad habit no" he sounded stern.
I slumped over in the chair, disappointed.

Then it happened. The corners of my eyes went black, my head spun, and I vomited. Luke threw his cigarette on the ground, stomped on it and ran to my side.
I blacked out.

Short chapter 😬