Chapter 2

"Kids pack your bags we're leaving in an hour." Grandma shouted. Her retirement center wouldn't allow her to stay longer than a week, so she was dropping us off at a orphanage.

"One second grandma!" Mikey and i shouted.
"Mikey you can't take all of your toys, just take some action figures or something." He started to bawl.
"BUT I NEEEED THEM!!!"
"Mike calm down" I quickly grabbed a few of his stuffed animals and through them into my bag.
"Kids are you ready?" Grandma was standing in the doorway. We hauled our suitcases to the car and said goodbye to our house.

"What's going to happen to sully?" Sully is our 1 year old husky puppy
"I'll drop him off at the pound, he will find a new family." We drove to the orphanage silently. When we arrived, grandma was crying.
"I love you guys very much." She kissed the tops of our foreheads.
"Listen to these kind men." As if on que, two men, both looking like thugs, walked up and grabbed our bags.

We were sat in a room, just us and the men.
"Listen up trash" the first man spoke
I objected, "what makes you say we're trash?"
He spoke "People throw away trash." and he smiled a creepy 5 tooth smile.
I shut my mouth.

"My names Bruce and this is David." Bruce spoke, "with you misbehave in any way you'll pay, ask the others the rules." With that I took my brothers hand and walked into the commons room. A boy, about my age walked up to me. My brother ran to a couple kids his age.

"Uh hi, I'm luke. He had blonde hair and blue eyes.
"I'm indie."
We sat along a wall.
"How long have you been here?" I asked.
"About two years. There looking for my aunt and uncle. He had a huge welt along his arm, almost from a belt and a bruise on his forehead.
"Where did you get those." I pointed to his injuries.
"I uh, spoke out of turn." he had a worried look on his face, "please just behave, I don't want you getting hurt."