Chapter 1 - Chase

This recently added chapter introduces the brothers and the next also recently added chapter will provide a bit more insight into Chase and Mike's relationship. 

Hope you enjoy! ❤

Chase's POV

Jesse sticks his head in front of my laptop screen with a big goofy grin on his face. "Chase!" He exclaims, his blueish grey eyes dancing with excitement. I roll my eyes at him, adjusting my position on the couch so I don't have to look at his stupid face.

"Chaaaaase!" I completely ignore my twin brother who is screaming at the top of his lungs to get my attention. No one would actually believe that he's 24 and not 5!

Switching tactics, Jesse starts poking me in the side repeatedly. "Chase, Chase, Chase, Chase," he chants in time with his pokes.

"Stop!" I mumble, trying to grab hold of the offending index finger.

"Chase! Come on, it will be fun! And you love the outdoors!" Jesse says, poking me after every word for emphasis.

I do love the outdoors! But I prefer it when I can calmly observe nature and appreciate the beauty of the world around us, not when I'm flailing around as Jesse is currently begging me to do. That would be insane!

Still using one hand to defend myself against his never ending pokes, I use the other hand to sneakily reach behind my back and grab one of the throw pillows.

"But Ch-" Wack!

Jesse is interrupted by the fluffy pillow connecting with his face. I burst out laughing at the utter shock on his face. Serves him right for all the poking!

"Baby bro, did you just hit me with that pillow?" Jesse's eyes widen and he raises a hand in disbelief to touch his cheek.

Jesse was born 2 minutes earlier than I and he has called me baby bro for as long as I can remember. In fact when we were children, I genuinely thought that he was my big brother. He was always mature for his age and very protective of me, not to mention that even though we are twins we look nothing alike. I still remember, when we were younger, how he would hug me until I fell back asleep any time I had a nightmare.

I close my laptop and put it on the coffee table, knowing that Jesse will try to exact revenge. Not a moment too soon because out of the corner of my eye, I see Jesse tentatively reaching behind him.

Still laughing, I jump up off the couch, narrowly avoiding his attack with the pillow as I watch it pass just inches away from the tip of my nose.

"Oh you're sooo gonna regret that!" He yells, laughing as he lunges towards me. I twist to the side avoiding another pillow attack and hop over the coffee table knowing that Jesse who is 5'5, 5 inches shorter than I am will not be able to follow.

That is unless he stands on the table which I know he won't do because it is littered with research on the script I am writing for my upcoming movie. I want to one day fully write and produce my own movie and Jesse knows how hard I've been working on my script, so even if he's annoyed he would never trample my work.

"Oh no fair!" Jesse whines, running around the coffee table to get to me. We continue to run in circles, Jesse switching direction every few seconds trying to catch me off guard.

I laugh as I quickly sprint away from him jumping onto and over the back of the couch. Jesse lets out a frustrated groan which makes me laugh even harder.

Jesse, knowing that he will never make it successfully over the couch before I can escape, throws the pillow that he is holding at my head which I effortlessly doge.