Chapter 50 - Chase

Chase's POV

"What would you like to achieve today with your driving?" Diego asks, as I play with his fingers and stare at his chiselled chest.

My eyes run over the outline of his chest, noticing the rise and fall of his abs outlined in the tight fitting, white T-shirt that he changed into. I follow their outline to the top of his dark green sweatpants, pausing at his package, which is unfortunately concealed in his baggy pants, before my eyes wander down his muscular legs.

"Chase? Are you alright?"

My head snaps up at Diego's voice. "Hmmm?" I murmur, still a little dazed from checking out my god sculpted boyfriend.

Diego's eyebrows knit together and there is a hint of concern in his voice when he starts to talk. "Do you not want to drive anymore? I'll be right there with you the entire time. I won't let anything happen to you."

I giggle and shake my head. Silly DiDi! "I was just admiring how good looking my angelfish is." I'm unable to meet his gaze and half-heartedly hoping that he wouldn't hear my mumbled reply.

Of course he does, and I almost faint on the spot when I hear his response. "You can look at and touch anything you want and as much as you want. Clothes are optional." He adds to my mortification by winking and I squeak and cover my face.

Diego chuckles and embraces me in a hug before planting a kiss in my hair. "So your driving goal for today? I think you should tell me exactly what you want to achieve so I can encourage you and help you achieve it."

"Maybe drive for three minutes?" My reply comes out muffled since my hands are still covering my face.

Diego hums a response and releases me when he feels my hands uncover my face. He walks over to the driver's side of the car and opens the door for me. "Actually, can you sit inside first? So I know you're there with me and don't have to be alone for the first few seconds until you get in," I say hesitantly.

He nods before pecking my lips and heading over to the other side. I suck in a shaky breath and turn around to face the car. Diego smiles and blows me a kiss over the roof of the car before getting in. That tiny gesture gives me the courage I need to join him in the car.

I close the door and suck in another breath. The steering wheel seems a lot closer than it usually is, even though I know the seat is pushed all the way back. My now clammy hands fumble with the seatbelt, clumsily fastening it.

As soon as I hear the click of the seatbelt, my breathing becomes shallow. Flashes of the headlights coming towards me start to overtake my brain. The memory of the excruciating pain I was in that night invades my mind, battling with the thoughts of self loathing that are slowly resurfacing.

This was a bad idea! I'm not ready. "I don't want to do this!" I shriek, reaching for the seatbelt. It feels like it's constricting against my throat, suffocating me. My breathing is now rapid and shallow.

Diego's hand captures mine and he brings it to his mouth, placing a tender kiss in the back of my hand. "You can do this. Remember I'm here with you. You're not alone. It's just you and me in the car, in an empty parking lot. Can you believe we had our very first kiss just a few hours ago! Do you remember it?"

As he's talking, one of his hands is gently stroking my hair and the other is still intertwined with mine, both actions helping to calm me. "Hands down one of the best experiences of my life," Diego adds, and despite the situation, a tiny smile forms on my lips. "Look at that beautiful smile," Diego coos, leaning over to kiss my forehead which only makes me smile wider and I feel my breathing starting to return to normal.