Chapter 39 - Jesse

Jesse’s POV

“Was I too rough?” Bryan asks with a hint of concern in his voice and I feel him placing tender kisses on my lower back.

“Oh don’t worry, I’ll get revenge later,” I mumble, relaxing into the massage which Bryan resumes after placing one last kiss on my back.

Bryan chuckles and I moan at the blissful magic his hands are working on my back. After a few minutes he concludes his massage and plops down on the bed next to me. I snuggle into his embrace as he presses a kiss to my cheek. 

The beautiful moment is interrupted by Bryan's stomach rumbling and I chuckle as my eyes flutter open in search of his face. "Awwww, you're so cute, Vampy," I say upon seeing his blush adorned cheeks. "Let’s get you some food." 

I roll out of his embrace and get dressed before heading to the kitchen. After taking the lobster and baked potatoes out of the oven, I transfer them onto plates for easier access. 

"Oh my god! This is so fancy!" Bryan exclaims, wrapping his arms around me in a back hug and gently nipping my neck. 

"Take these to the table," I instruct, trying to squirm out of his embrace. He releases me after placing a wet kiss on my collar bone and takes the bowl of tossed salad and salad dressing that I gesture to, while I bring in the rest of the food. 

"This is divine!" Bryan exclaims after popping a piece of butter covered lobster into his mouth. "Ummm, wow!" His eyes flutter closed as he savours the taste and a pleased smile spreads across his face. "Jesse, you really didn't have to go to all this trouble," he says after swallowing his food. 

I break out in a huge smile, thrilled that he is enjoying his meal. "It was no trouble!" Well it was some trouble but it was for my sexy Vampy so I definitely don't mind. "I think this is the first time I've ever cooked for you." 

Usually Bryan is the one who cooks for us while I marvel at his skills and how hot he looks while cooking. 

Bryan looks puzzled for a few seconds before he nods and chuckles. "It is! And you certainly went all out!" 

"Oh, it doesn't end there. I have a surprise for you," I respond, trying and failing to raise a suggestive eyebrow, causing Bryan to snort out a laugh. 

"I also have one for you," Bryan says with a huge grin once he's finished laughing at me. I pout and start to protest when Bryan cuts me off. "You'll like it! I'm 90% sure." He pauses and furrows his eyebrows. "Maybe 85%. Nope 70%. I'm 65% sure you'll like it!" 

I roll my eyes and chuckle. Over the course of our relationships, I've learnt how to be a bit more receptive of Bryan's gifts. Just like how I'm dead set on financially contributing to our dates, he's hell bent on smothering me in gifts. So we've both been trying to compromise a little. 

We enjoy the rest of our dinner talking about how our respective days have been.

"Can I get my surprise now? Please?" Bryan begs as he places the wetex that he used to wipe the dinner table on the counter. 

I set the dishwasher before turning to face him. "What about my surprise?" I'm actually curious about what it could be!

Bryan shakes his head and a smile plays at his lips. "We have to drive to see it." I tilt my head and bat my eyelashes until he chuckles and says, "alright I'll give you your gift first. Let's go!" 

Before we leave, I head to the bedroom to pocket his gift and we argue about who the best Avenger is on the way to the location. Bryan of course blindfolded me as soon as we got into the car so when he comes to a stop and announces that we're here, I have no idea where 'here' is.