Chapter 2 - Chase

New Additional chapter added at the beginning of the book! Hope this doesn't mess up your reading experience too much!

Hope you enjoy! ❤

Chase's POV

"I like this one!" Jesse says laughing.

"Eww! No! I look like a terrified blowfish!" I reply trying to snatch Jesse's phone from him to delete the photo. We are currently scrolling through all the photos that were taken of us yesterday when we went bungee jumping.

"But it's such a good one! It really captures your excitement," Jesse chokes out through laughter. This photo was taken during the initial fall, before the first bounce. My cheeks are puffed out from the wind and my eyes are staring into the lens with a look that says 'what the hell was I thinking!'

"How are none of your photos bad!" I mumble with a pout.

"But look at it next to this one." Jesse quickly edits 2 photos so that they are now side by side; the blowfish one and another one. In the other one my cheeks are pulled up into a jovial smile and my entire expression is relaxed, carefree and childlike. They really are quite striking side by side.

"Ok fine, we can keep it," I reply, a soft smile forming on my lips as I stare at the images.

I am pulled away from the photos by a knock at the door and I immediately jump up off of the couch. "How do I look?" I ask Jesse, smoothing down my royal blue dress shirt.

I almost laugh as I watch Jesse start to roll his eyes and then stop halfway. "You look great baby bro!"

"Bye, see you later tonight!" I call out over my shoulder as I hurry to the door.

I fling the door open to find Mike standing there with a bouquet of the most beautiful, vibrant, yellow tulips I have ever seen. Looking down I smile and shyly take the flowers from him, tentatively bringing them to my nose to inhale their sweet aroma. I love this! He rarely buys me anything. Though I would have preferred chocolate, nothing beats the taste of anything chocolatey!

"Thank you," I mumble, peeking a glance at Mike's face with a smile.

"Anything for you cutie," Mike responds with a smirk and I duck my head at his term of endearment. I love when he calls me cutie! It always sends a warm, fuzzy feeling through my stomach.

Mike gently hooks a finger under my chin and lifts it. My eyes wander around his freckled adorned face, taking in his gorgeous appearance.

His auburn hair is styled upwards off his face, accentuating his honey coloured eyes. His 5 o' clock ginger shadow perfectly frames his sharp jawline. My eyes linger on his thin, glossy, pink lips and the corner of his lips quirk at the side.

Mike tugs my raised chin towards his face and joins our lips. I close my eyes as I melt against him, subconsciously leaning my body into the kiss. I hear a crinkling noise and pull away. I gasp when I notice that some of the tulips have been crushed between our bodies.

"Oh my gosh! I'm so sorry! I'll go put these in some water." I scurry back to the living room to find Jesse sketching in his notebook. "Put these in water for me! I don't want to keep Mike waiting!"

Before he can answer, I drop the flowers in his lap and hurry back to the door. Seeing Mike already getting into the car, I rush over and do the same. "Where are we going?" I ask after I fasten my seatbelt.

"You'll see," Mike replies winking at me and I shift my eyes away from him with a smile.

I gush through my bungee jumping experience and show him some pictures, when we stop briefly at the traffic lights. He laughs a lot at the picture of me looking like a terrified blowfish and claims that one was his favourite.