Chapter 76 - Chase

Chase's POV

This morning when I awoke, I made a pact with myself that I would enjoy the day and not think about the trial which is only a week away, and so far it's going great! Diego and I spent the morning in bed, then I met up with Shawn and Jesse for lunch. The three of us hung out at Dean and Shawn's house, while Dean napped, before we decided to get our hair done. Jesse was always going to get his hair professionally styled for the benefit tonight, but Shawn and I decided to treat ourselves and get ours done as well.

"Oh my gosh! Shawn, his hair is slicked back!" I squeal, looking at Jesse, who just finished getting his hair styled.

Shawn giggles. "I know! Am I dreaming? Pinch me. Ow!" He exclaims, pouting at the fact that I pinched him. I giggle and give him a hug to make up for it, erasing the frown from his face.

"You look really good!" I say, returning my attention to Jesse.

"You think so?" He admires himself in the mirror wearing a blindingly bright smile. "Bryan has been giving me a run-down of all the people he has to meet tonight. He asked me to help him charm them!"

I'm still grinning when I move closer and squish him into a hug. "You'll have no problem charming them!"

"Hey! Where's my hug!" Shawn whines and I can literally hear the pout in his voice. He attacks us with a tight hug and all three of us are grinning and carefree.

"We should go," Jesse says once we've paid the hairdressers and the three of us set off to Bryan's house.

None of our boyfriends are there once we return, so we blaze music and sing and dance while we get dressed. Once we're finished and finally turn off the music, we hear their voices in the distance, and we hurry towards them, excited to show off our dolled up selves.

Upon entering, our combined hotness halts all conversation. "Wow," Dean breathes, being the first one to break the silence.

Shawn grins and does a little twirl, causing Dean's face to light up.

Bryan admires Jesse, grinning from ear to ear and fussing over how stunning he looks.

"Your hair is so fluffy!" Dean exclaims, frowning when Shawn moves his head out of his reach.

"You can touch it afterwards, not before, or you'll mess it up," Shawn says gently, joining their lips in a soft kiss.

"You look amazing," Diego whispers, running his eyes up and down my body like he's trying to memorize every detail.

I giggle and press my lips to his. "You should see yourself!" I exclaim a little too loudly before ducking my head. Diego chuckles, raising my head to place a chaste kiss on my lips.

His hand travels down the front of my navy blue suit, adjusting my light blue pocket square before wrapping around me. "You really do look incredible," he whispers, seconds before connecting our lips.

We decided to wear matching suits but with the exception of the ties; I'm wearing a plain, red tie while he's wearing a red bow tie. Diego got our suits tailored so we're both looking incredibly dashing. A part of me wants to just stay in and rid Diego of these clothes but he's moderating the event, and after I told him that I definitely wanted to go, he decided not to transfer his duties to someone else.

When we break our kiss, we're both grinning. "I know you said you wanted to stay for the entire event, but if at any time, you want to leave, we can leave," Diego murmurs before pecking my lips.

"Don't you have to stay until it ends?" I inquire.

He shakes his head. "Nope. There will be some socialising and a few speeches at the beginning, to update the investors, followed by dinner, then it just morphs into a party. Once the speeches are done, I'm free."