Chapter 37 - Jesse

Jesse's POV

"Jesse! Is this cute!" Chase's voice bellows through the house. I roll my eyes and walk over to his room. Upon entering, I raise my eyebrows when I see far fewer clothes on the floor when compared to all the other times Chase has gotten dressed to see Diego. It's a clear sign that he's getting more comfortable around him.

It's been six weeks since the barbecue at Bryan's house and Chase and Diego usually meet up several times a week to workout. The first time they went to the gym together, I followed them and spied on them the entire time. I just needed to ensure that Chase was safe and comfortable. I know I shouldn't have done it and that Chase probably would have been alright, since he was touching Diego's face at the barbecue but I needed to be sure.

They spent an hour working out and then the next hour eating breakfast and chatting. Chase smiled and giggled the entire time and I loved seeing him so happy. Luckily, neither of them saw me because Chase would definitely have made a big deal if he caught me lurking.

As the weeks pass by, it's becoming more evident how much they like each other. Chase literally can't stop talking about him! They speak everyday, sometimes more than once a day, and he always briefs me on their conversations. We've actually made it a thing. At least twice a week we order in or cook our favourite foods and gush about Bryan and Diego. We often invite Shawn over and we all dish about what's going on in our lives.

"What do you think?" Chase asks, surveying himself in the full length mirror with a soft smile. He's wearing a pair of white, ripped jeans which accentuates his butt and a loose, black T-shirt with a pizza slice on it. Diego has a matching shirt with a whole pizza that is missing one slice.

Chase bought them and gave one to Diego when they met up yesterday. I told him they were couple shirts and asked if they were a confession to Diego but he only giggled and said that they're not a couple because they haven't had any physical contact since that night at the barbecue. Though technically he didn't deny what I asked about them being a confession so I wouldn't be surprised if Chase asks out Diego soon.

"You look awesome! I thought you were going for a workout." There's no way he can exercise in those jeans!

Chase giggles, picking up his red converses from his shoe rack and moving to perch on the side of his bed. "Nope! Diego is taking me to an independent film festival!"

I smile as I hear the excitement in Chase's voice. Diego has been really great for Chase. I swear Diego can get Chase to talk about anything at length and it's obvious that Chase is becoming more open with Diego. Since he came into his life, Chase has slowly been regaining his passion for doing the things that he once loved. He's even starting to look like his old self again and is starting to build back up his muscle mass.

"What are you smiling about?" Chase asks, getting up from his bed. My smile widens. He really does look healthy and happy. His face is full of life, the dark circles are still there from the few nightmares that he continues to have, but they're no longer as noticeable and his lips are curved up into a smile that shows off his pearly white teeth. "Excited for Bryan to come over?"

I actually haven't seen Bryan in about two weeks since we've both been busy with work. Now that Chase is spending more time with Diego and I feel comfortable enough leaving him at home alone more often, I've started working full time again.

Business has been going really well and I think I might be able to expand my staff soon! I've even started looking for a new office space but I haven't found anything that I like within my price range. I found the perfect listing but had to give up on it because it was too pricey. Maybe I'll recheck my finances and see if I can afford it because that place really is perfect.