Chapter 67 - Bryan

Bryan's POV

"Are we leaving now? We have to be there when Chase leaves the interview! Please hurry up!" Diego whines and pouts like a big baby.

"If you keep interrupting, it's just going to take longer," I reply, rolling my eyes.

Chase has his final assessment interview with Mr. Reyes today. That producer did not make it easy. Chase had a written test and another interview before this one, but today is the day he'll find out if he'll be hired.

After we pick him up, we're going to pick up Jesse from Dean's house, since he's helping Shawn unpack today, and then we'll be meeting the twin's brothers and their partners.

We decided to all go together since it's about an hour and a half drive to Mason's house. However, this is already proving to be a nightmare, given Diego incessant whining and checking of his phone while I try to finish this report before we leave the office.

"Is it something I can help with?" Diego offers. "I really want to be there when Chase finishes!"

I only have one more section to finish, but with the amount of times Diego has interrupted me I don't know if I'll ever finish it. "Diego, I need ten minutes, but you need to stop breaking my concentration."

He releases an exasperated sigh before getting up and leaving my office. I frown; I meant to sit quietly and stop fidgeting but this works too.

It takes me fifteen minutes to finish the report and another five to pack up and exit the building.

Diego is pacing next to my jeep and he lets out an irritated, "finally," when he sees me heading towards him. I roll my eyes in response. Diego has always been a stickler for time. Even though we didn't study the same thing, he's the main reason I got to classes on time during college. Not to mention that he's a little worked up about meeting the rest of Chase's family, though I'm sure they'll love him, and hopefully me.

About fifteen minutes before we reach Chase's destination, Chase calls Diego. "See I told you we'd be late," he mutters. "Hi, little lamb," he coos, and I almost burst out laughing from the sharp contrast in the tone he used to complain about us running late to the one he used when answering Chase's call. "How did the interview go?... Congratulations, honeybee! I'm so happy, and very proud of you!... We're running a little late but we'll be there in about ten minutes... Always and forever."

As soon as Diego hangs up, I ask, "he got the job?"

"He did!" He exclaims. "Reyes hired him as an Associate Producer. He says he essentially has to help with whatever needs to be done during all stages of production. Chase sounded really excited!"

"That's great!" I reply, grinning.

Since Diego is done being mad at me for running late, we chat about work and meeting the twin's family until we arrive at Chase's location, where we find him sitting on the bench and looking at the ground, kicking a pebble.

Diego hops out of the car as soon as I stop and rushes over to Chase, engulfing him in a tight hug before kissing him.

"Congratulations, Chase," I tell him, once he enters the car. He giggles and murmurs a thank you.

Diego sits in the back seat with him and I set off to pick up Jesse. We listen to Chase gushing about his duties and the movie that he'll be working on our way there.

"Vampy!" Jesse yells, waving at us as we pull up in front of Dean's house. I park the car, since I know that Shawn will want to greet Chase. Jesse hugs Shawn and rushes towards the car, and Shawn follows. "Hi baby bro, hi Diego." He plants a kiss on my lips and I smile into the kiss. "Did you miss me?" He asks, buckling his seat belt.