New beginnings | 1

"Y/N, WAIT UP!".

I turn around and take out one of my headphones, "Hey, Allie!" I say as I walk out of school.

"I'm so excited, and it's so nice to be out of school finally," Allie said.

"Yeah, just think we get two months to reinvent ourselves before we go to our first year at Scorch High!" I say.

"Yeah yeah, I know...but we also have two months to do nothing but sleep and eat ice cream," she says, elongating the u in but.

I roll my eyes as I say, "Allie, you do that no matter what time of year, plus how do you plan to make a good first impression?". I sigh as I'm already anticipating what she's going to say.

"I don't care about that," we say in unison.

"But Allie." I cry.

"I just don't care what people think; maybe you shouldn't either," she says, trying to persuade me to sit around all summer and do nothing.

"When I stop caring, you'll be the first to know," I say jokingly.

"Ugh.. whatever. So, what are we doing?" she asks me.

"We are headed to my house to start our complete makeover," I say excitedly.

We start heading south down the road toward my house. "This is our summer," I say with the biggest smile on my face.

"I know we have so many flavours to choose from."

"Really!? You are still going on about the ice cream. Ugh."

"Listen, you may want to reinvent yourself, but I'm perfectly fine eating ice cream, reading Wattpad and doing nothing all summer. But be my guest. Change yourself as long as you don't suddenly change your personality."

"Dude, calm down," I say, rolling my eyes.