Dating Newt | 23

I look at Newt with a huge smile and ask "This is our first date?".

"Yes, yes it is," Newt says, putting the money on the table.

He gets up and walks to my side of the table. Newt puts a hand out for me. I put my hand into him, and I squeeze it. Newt's hands are surprisingly soft, and even though they are bigger than mine, they fit together perfectly. We start to walk out of the restaurant hand-in-hand and call a cab. Newt and I stand outside in the cold crisp air for around 15 minutes before the cab arrives. As we step into the cab, Newt tells him to drop us off at my house. I start to get tired, and Newt can tell so he tells me to move closer as he lays his arm around me and starts to stroke my arm. I start to fall asleep quickly, but just as I was letting sleep consume me, I felt Newt kiss my head.

About 20 minutes later we arrived at my house. I reached over to open my door, but before I knew it Newt was already there pulling the door handle. He opens my door and gestures for me to take his hand, I accept the gesture, and he pulls me out of the cab. He gently moves me out of the way and pays the driver. We walk to my front door and walk inside turning the silver knob. We take our shoes off and head to the kitchen for a drink. As we walk into the kitchen, I see my mom eating pizza at our table.

"Hey Mom," I say, holding Newt's hand and smiling widely.

"Oh hey Y-," she says, turning her head. "This is new," she says, gesturing to Newt and I's hands.

"Ya, it kinda just happened," I say, turning red. "Anyways, we are going upstairs now," I say, almost running up the stairs.

"KEEP THE DOOR OPEN!" she says, yelling from the kitchen.

As we walk into my room, I close the door behind me, not caring about what my mother had said. I walk to my desk and pull out my box of nail polish and start to ruffle through it to find the perfect colour. As I'm looking, Newt pulls up a chair and sits beside me.

"Can you paint my nails?" Newt says as he starts to look at his nails.

"Sure, what colour?"

"What ever you pick."

"Ok."

I start to paint his nails, and he just stares at me. "It's kind of hard to focus with you staring at me," I say.

"Well, I'm sorry, it's just so hard not to stare when you are so beautiful."

"Oh, shut up," I say just as I finish his nails.

"Wow, thank you." He says, giving me a kiss on the cheek.

I start to blush and grab his hand, pulling him to the bed. I lay on the bed, and Newt lays next to me. Newt slowly moves his arm under my waist and pulls me closer, being careful not to mess up his nails. I start to cuddle up to him and lay my head on his shoulder.

Newt looks into my eyes and says, "So what are we?".

"I don't really know, are we dating?" I say, hoping the answer is yes.

"I want us to be dating, I hope we are dating," he says with a smile.

"Then that's what we are, we're dating," I say, giving him a quick kiss on the lips.

"Good," he says, giving me a long kiss.

We lay there for a while, and Newt falls asleep. He is really cute when he's asleep. He has a small smile on his face, and his hair is a mess. I try to turn to get more comfortable, but Newt pulls me closer so that we are now up against each other. I shift just a little and start to fall asleep as well.

I wake up to Newt turning, and when he notices I'm awake, he lays back down and opens his arms again and asks, "Sorry darling did I wake you?".

"Yeah, but it's ok," I say as I lay back down in his arms.

"Are you still tired?" he asks me.

"Not really, are you?"

"No, not really."

"Do you want to watch a movie?"

"Yea, that'd be fun," he says with a grin.

"Ok, what do you want to watch?"

"I don't mind as long as it's not 'Love actually' we always watch 'Love actually'."

I scoff and say, "Only because it's an amazing movie."

"It's okay," he says.

"Whatever," I say, rolling my eyes and laughing. "How about we watch 'We're the Millers'?"

"Ok, perfect."

I turn on my t.v. and put the movie on.