Walking home | 9

We finally say goodbye to everyone and start to walk home. It's a little awkward because I don't really know what to talk about. Usually, Allie does most of the talking for me, so I'm a little out of my comfort zone, but luckily Newt breaks the silence.

"So, what school do you go to?"

"Well, I used to go to the WICKED academy but I decided to go to public school with Allie but now I'm going alone, but that's ok. Next year I'm going to Scorch High. What about you?"

"Well, I used to go to Glade middle school, but I'm actually going to Scorch High as well, so are the rest of the boys, and now you won't go alone," he says with a cheeky smile. 

"Wow, what are the odds, but it'll be nice to see some familiar faces there," I say back, trying my best not to freak out.

"Do you have any siblings that go to the high school?" Newt asks.

"No, but my cousin Aris goes there, and he likes it. I hope I'll get to see him there. He's only a grade above us. Do you have any siblings?"

"Yeah, I have a little sister. Her name is Lizzy. She's 4."

"Aw, cute. I love little kids. They are so sweet."

"Yeah, she can be but she can also be a bloody pain sometimes." He says with a low laugh.

We've been walking for fifteen minutes or so, and we are coming to the last crossway to my house. My house is only a few minutes away now.

"We are only a few minutes away now."

"Okay."

"If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live?" I say, trying to get to know him more.

"Well, at first, I would go back home to London to see my old friends and family. Then after a few years, I would go and travel, I want to see the world. Where would you go?"

"I would probably live in Toronto."

"Canada, really?" He said with a confused laugh.

"Yeah, you got a problem?" I say sarcastically.

"No, just didn't think you would say that."

"Oh, well, we are here," I say as we walk up to my house. "Want to come in while you wait for your cab?"

"Sure, if that's ok with you."

"Okay."

I open the door and walk in with Newt.