Bonfires and Memories pt.4 | 19

It's getting pretty cold, so I go to my bag and put on my sweatpants, and I go to put my hoodie on, but I see Allie wearing it. Of course, she didn't bring her own. I go to sit back down with Newt, but he notices me shiver and gets up.

"Where are you going?" I say because my seat has just walked away.

"I'll be right back," he says.

He walks back with something in his hands. It's his hoodie.

"Here," he says, handing me the sweatshirt.

"Thank you, but won't you get cold?" I say.

"Not with you laying on me," he says with a cute chuckle.

I put the hoodie on, and it falls all the way past my arms. Newt sits down and opens his arms for me to sit in. I walk up to him and sit down. I lay my head on his shoulder and wait to feel his hands around my stomach. Newt leans down and says, "You look good in my hoodie.".

"I-I do?" I say, flustered.

"Yeah, but you look good in anything."

"Thank you," I say, smiling.

I turn my body so that my face is facing Newt and wrap my arms around him and cuddle up to him. I feel Newt put a blanket around us and lay his head on mine. Newt goes back to the conversation with Minho as I start to drift off to sleep.

I wake up not long later by Newt rubbing my arms, I look up at him, and he says, "Oh, sorry, love, did I wake you?" he says with a loving smile.

"Yeah, but it's ok. I don't want to miss the fun," I say with a smile.

"Are you sure? You looked like you needed sleep."

"Yeah, I'm fine," I say, resting my head on him once more.

"Don't get grumpy because you're tired, then love."

"I don't get grumpy," I say sternly.

"Yes, you do. Last time I woke you up, you threw a shoe at me." Allie says.

"I did NOT! It was a sandal." I say, laughing.

"You threw a sandal at her?" Newt says, trying to contain his laughter.

"Maybe."

"You did, and then you told me to suck a toe, a toe. Who says that kind of stuff?" Allie laughs.

"Whatever." I roll my eyes.

"See, love, you are already getting angry," Newt says.

"AM NOT! I WILL THROW A SANDAL AT YOU."

"Hey, it's ok, just come lay back down."

"Fine," I say, making myself more comfortable in his embrace.

The rest of the group starts to laugh and make jokes about how Newt and I act like a couple and things like that, I just ignore them and listen to the rhythm of Newt's heartbeat.