Allie pt.2 | 39

"Y/N! NEWT!" Allie says as she runs over to us. Newt and I pull apart and look at her.

"Hey." is all I say to her.

"Hey, how have you guys been?" Allie says.

"We have been good. Great, actually." Newt says, answering for me.

"That's fantastic, I've missed you guys, well, everyone, really." Allie says, looking back at the 'gladers'.

"Yeah, we've missed you," I say with a sarcastic tone.

"Well, what do we have planned today? I just really want to catch up with everyone." Allie says to everyone.

"We thought we could get something to eat first, then we can go from there," Minho says.

"Perfect, I'm starving, Min," Allie says.

Since when did she call him Min. What the fuck is that? Is she trying to steal ALL of my friends now?

Brenda pulled me out of my thoughts and said, "Just let it go. Trust me, it's not worth it." almost like she read my mind.

We make our way out of the airport and call an Uber to pick us up. Soon the Uber arrives, and we all get in. Thomas takes out his phone to make reservations at 'Eh Amigos Cantina'. Minho starts to tell Allie everything she's missed, although I would've thought he already told her because of how much they talk on the phone.

The drive was pretty short to the restaurant. We all get out and thank the driver. We walk in and wait to take our seats. The hostess takes us to our table after a few minutes of waiting, and we all sit down.

Thomas and Minho are on one side of the table with Allie in the middle, and Newt, Brenda and I are on the other. The waiter brings us our menus and takes our drink orders. I start to look over the menu when Allie speaks up.

"So, Brenda, how did you meet the guys? Last time I checked, they didn't really recruit new members," she says in a snarky tone.

"Well, I actually found Y/n crying in the bathroom because some bitch tried to steal her man. But I assume you already knew that. Anyways I could tell she needed someone to talk to. So then we started to talk about why she was crying. Then lunch rolled around, and she asked me to sit with her and her friends, and we've been friends ever since." Brenda says, giving Allie the death stare.

"Oh well, that's nice, but I don't think that so-called bitch was trying to take her man. I think she was just trying to tell her best friend how she felt." Allie says, returning the look.

"Oh no, she was," I say under my breath with my knuckles pressed so hard on my chair that they turn white.

After I say that, I feel Newt put his hand on my thigh, signifying that he heard me. I just sit back in my seat as I feel my cheeks turn red and look at the menu again. My eyes land on the chimichangas. I put my menu on the table and looked up. I see the look on everyone's faces, and they look like they are trying not to laugh.

"What's so funny?" I ask.

"Oh, nothing," Minho says, looking at Newt and me.

"No, seriously, what's going on?" I ask, getting slightly annoyed.

"Are you feeling okay? You look a little...warm." Thomas says, laughing.

I can feel my face heat up even more as I finally understand what they are laughing at. I sink back into the chair, wishing it could swallow me whole. Not long after, the waiter comes back with our drinks. We thank him, and he proceeds to take our orders. Allie orders the Cuban quesadillas, Thomas gets a burrito, Minho and Newt get a chicken bacon nacho to share, and Brenda and I get the chimichangas. As the waiter leaves, there is an awkward silence at the table, no one really knows what to say until Thomas speaks up and says, "So Allie, I heard that you and Minho are getting pretty close. Care to tell us about that?"

"Not really, nothing's really going on. We have just been talking about what I've missed. Isn't that right, Min?" Allie says, looking at Minho with a questioning look.

"Hmm? Oh yeah, all we really talk about is Y/n and Newt." Minho says, not noticing the look on the Allies' faces.

"WHAT?" Newt says, his face turning red in anger.

"Why do you guys talk about us?" I ask Minho as I try to remain calm.

"Well, it's more like Allie asks me how you guys are, and I tell her happy, then we just talk about what she has missed," Minho says, taking a sip of his drink.

"Why do you care so much about us, Allie? Can't you find something else to talk about?" Newt says, slightly more aggravated than me.

"We do. It's just nice to know that you guys are happy," she says with the fakest smile I have ever seen.

"Sure you do. I'm sure you care so much about Y/n and Newt's relationship because you want them to be happy together." Brenda says.

"I do, I swear," Allie says, looking at Minho for support.

"Well, Allie, you did ask if they got into a fight if I thought they would break up," Minho says.

"I was wondering if he would break Y/n's heart, that's all. Do all of you really not trust me? You know me. Why don't you question Brenda, she's the greenie." Allie says as she is on the verge of tears.

"Allie, we trust you. It's just sometimes you say or do questionable things. We just want to know what's going on." Thomas says, trying to comfort Allie.

I look at Newt and place my hands in his because he is still upset. He looks down at our hands, and a small smile forms on his perfectly chiselled face. Brenda and Allie are still fighting, so I tell Brenda that it's ok and she doesn't need to. After Brenda cooled down, we all sat in silence waiting for our food. Thankfully, the waiter brought our food to the table shortly after the disagreement. We all start to devour our meals.