Bonfires and Memories pt.1 | 16

It's the last week of summer, and the last day Allie is here before she moves. For the past month and a half, Allie and I have been hanging out with 'The Gladers' or so the boys call themselves. We have all grown really close. Because of that, we all decided to have a big bonfire at the beach as one last goodbye to Allie. It's 11 am right now, and Allie and I are at the mall to get some new bathing suits for the beach. I have a few options, I go and try them on. The first one I try one is white with a red dragon design on the top. I go to the mirror in the changing room and look at the bathing suit, I look at my reflection for a few moments and decide to try on a different one. I try on a white two-piece with yellow flowers on it. I walk up to the mirror and look at myself up and down and decide that this is the one I want to buy. I walk out of the changing room with my bathing suit in hand and tell Allie to try hers on. She has two bathing suits, so it shouldn't take long. Allie picks a red two-piece bathing suit that makes her look really good. We go to pay and then leave the store.

We head to the food court to wait for my mom to pick us up so we can get ready for the beach at 12:30 pm. My mom gets to the mall fairly quickly, and we rush home. As we pull up to my house Allie and I make it up to my room and start to get ready. I braid my hair into two french braids and pack my bag full of snacks and blankets, as well as extra clothes for when it gets cold.

It's now 12, and the boys will be here soon to pick us up. We all decided to carpool, so Thomas's mom is picking all of us up. Chuck isn't coming because he is much younger than us, and we don't want to have to keep watch of him. Even though we all love Chuck as our own little brother, sometimes we just want to have fun without him. Allie and I are sitting in my living room waiting for them when we hear a knock on the door. I go to open it, and I see Newt standing there with a smirk. I tell Allie they are here, and we head to the van. I sit in the middle row with Newt, Allie and Minho, Thomas is in the front, and Gally, Alby and Ben are in the back. The beach is 30 minutes away, so Thomas plugged his phone into the aux and started to play 'Hot girl bummer' by Blackbear.