Bonfires and Memories pt. 3 | 18

We all sit around the fire and start to talk about all of the fun times we had this summer when Minho says we should play a game.

"We should play truth or dare."

"I'm down," I say, turning my head behind me to look at Newt to see his reaction.

"Sure, why not," he says.

"Ya, that sounds fun." Allie chimes in.

Everyone agrees, and we start to play. A few rounds go by and so far, Gally has jumped into the freezing water naked, Minho confessed that he loves his hair more than anything and Alby has to not scold anyone for the next four hours (which is pretty hard for him). It's now my turn, and Allie is asking the question.

"Y/n truth or dare?" she says with an evil smirk.

"Truth," I say, thinking I'm safe.

"If you had to choose anyone here, who would you kiss?" she says, looking at me and then eyeing Newt.

"Um...well...I don't know. Probably...Newt." I say that last bit more as a whisper.

I hear all the boys and Allie starts to holler and say comments like 'I knew it' or 'Newties got himself a girl' and I start to hide in Newt's chest as he wraps his arms around me and rubs my back.

"Next question, please," Newt says in a stern voice.

"Ok, Newt, truth or dare," Thomas says.

"Dare."

"I dare you to kiss Y/n."

Oh fuck.

"You have to do it," Allie says. It feels as if Allie and Thomas are conspiring against me.

Newt sighs and pulls his arms away so he can look me in the eyes. He slowly leans in, and I do the same. Our lips connected, and I felt a wave of warmth come over me, Newt put his hands on my cheeks, and I put mine around his neck. I can't tell how long we have been kissing, but I start to hear everyone tell us that it's time to stop, but I'm too busy to care. Suddenly I'm pulled away by Alby.

"What was that for?" I say, kind of angry.

"It looked like you two were enjoying that a little too much," he says.

"Ugh... whatever," I say with an eye roll.

I lay back onto Newt, and I feel him kiss my head. I start to smile wildly. We continue to play and talk. After a while, we decided to roast marshmallows. As I'm making mine, Ben starts to eat his and make a mess all over his face. Because of that, I stop paying attention to my marshmallow, and it starts to set on fire. I start to blow it out and look at it in defeat when Newt takes it off the stick and eats it.

"Hey that was mine," I say.

"Do you want it back?" He asks me.

"Yes, please."

"Then you're gonna' have to kiss me," he says with a smirk.

I turn around and kiss him. As I pull away, I see the look of shock on his face. He hands me the marshmallow, and I say thank you and give him another kiss, this time on the cheek, and I set myself back in between his legs.

"Can you at least make me one love?" he says like a child.

"Fine, only because you called me love," I say, smiling at the nickname.