Allie pt. 3 | 40

I watch as everyone finishes their food. Allie finished first and whipped her face with a napkin. She's been gone for almost two months, and she's changed so much. It makes me sad to think the old Allie is gone. I look at her once more while everyone else is still eating, and I can see the sadness on her face. All I need to forgive her is to see a little spark of the Allie I once knew.

Once everyone was done eating, we paid the bill and left. We started to walk towards the cafe. Allie and I had our fight. I look down and think about the memory, Newt notices and melts his hand with mine. I smile a little but keep my head down because of the now-present tears running down my face. We all stop in front of a building. I look up quickly and see that we are at the movie theatre, the same one from when we all hung out for the first time. We walk into the theatre, and I quickly run to the bathroom before anyone could see me crying. Once I get in the bathroom, I turn the tap on and splash some warm water on my face. I try to stop crying, so I don't cause a scene.

I walk back out to find the group looking around the entrance for me. I quickly run up to them, and Newt lets out a sigh and says, "I was so worried. One moment I was holding your hand, and the next you were gone.".

"I'm sorry, I just had to use the bathroom," I say, grabbing his hand again.

"No, it's ok, I just got scared I left you somewhere," Newt says with a soft chuckle.

"So, what movie are we watching? Please, can it not be a scary one?" I say, begging and pleading for anything but a horror film.

"We were thinking about seeing 'Love and Monsters,' is that ok?" Minho says.

"I've seen the trailers for that. It looks really good," I say.

"Okay, then let's go buy the tickets," Thomas says.

We all make our way over to the cashier and ask for 6 tickets to 'Love and Monsters.' Once we get our tickets, we get in line to order popcorn and drinks, Allie and Minho get a large popcorn to share, as well as Thomas and Brenda. Newt and I are the last to get our popcorn and soda, I got a medium orange Fanta, and Newt got a medium root beer. As we go to pay, Newt pulls out his wallet, like he always does, but I tell him that I'm paying this time. I quickly pull my wallet out and pay the young lady before Newt can. I give her a small smile as she hands us our order, and we start to walk toward the usher.

"What was that?" Newt asks.

"I was paying for our food. Is that a crime?" I say sarcastically.

"No, it's just- I don't know," he says, stuttering his words.

"Let's just go watch the movie," I say, laughing at his state of fluster.