Ice cream boy | 5

It's been three weeks, and Allie and I still haven't found a way for her to stay. At this point, it has become hopeless. There's just no way we can avoid her leaving. her parents don't want to leave her here without them. My life is becoming a mess, it was supposed to be the best summer of my life, but now all I'm doing is worrying about Allie.

"Y/n, maybe we should just try to spend the rest of the summer together instead of trying to find a way for me to stay. How about we go to the new ice cream place that just opened up?" Allie said, trying to make my eyebrows unknot from the worry.

"You know what you're right, it's impossible for you to stay. Let's go. I am kind of craving ice cream too." I say, trying to force a smile on my face

We make our way down the stairs to see my mom singing and dancing while she cooks lunch. "Mom?" I say hysterically, laughing.

"AHHHH! Oh my, you scared me, Y/n." My mother says, clenching her chest and trying to catch her breath.

"Mrs. Y/L/N, what are you doing?" Allie asks, trying not to laugh at the fact that my mother's face is now beat red.

"I thought you girls were upstairs in your room?" My mom says, trying to defend her terrible dancing.

"That still doesn't answer the question, Mom," I say, trying to pull the words from her.

"I was just cooking while listening to music," she replies with a small smile.

"Ok, sure," I say in a questioning tone. "We are going to the new ice cream shop down the block do you want anything?" I ask, still trying to conceal my laughter.

"No, I'm ok, thank you," my mom says with a loving smile.

I put on my shoes and open the door to leave with Allie. As we walk down the street, we just talk about the people on the side of the road, narrating their conversations with our own.

We've been walking for around 15-20 minutes,  and we can see the new shop just a few feet ahead of us. We quickly make it to the ice cream shop and get in line. There are only 4-5 people in front of us. Within 2 minutes, it's our turn to order.

"Can I have a triple scoop of strawberry ice cream in a chocolate-dipped sprinkle cone?" Allie asks the boy working as I look at my phone.

As I look up to order, I see the boy from the mall. "Oh, hi again," he says with a smirk.

"Hi, I'm Y/n," I say, trying hard not to blush.

"Newt, what can I get for you?" He asks with a small smile.

"Can I have Two scoops of pistachio ice cream with a chocolate cone?" I ask.

"Ok, no problem, just go wait at a table, and I'll bring them to you."

"I haven't paid yet?" I say, questioning if he forgot that part.

"Oh, don't worry, it's on me to say sorry for making you fall." He says with a big grin plastered on his face.

"Awwwww, that's so sweet," Allie says, making little kissy faces at Newt and me.

"Oh, be quiet, and thank you, Newt. But you really don't have to, I'm fine." I say.

"No, I'm going to pay," he says with certainty laced in his voice.

"Fine, as long as I can get the bill next time," I say, trying to get my point across.

"So there's going to be a next time?" he says with the biggest smile I've ever seen.

I ruffle through my bag to find a pen, I finally find one and take his hand. I write my number on his hand and go to sit down.

"What was that? I've never seen you do anything that took so much balls." Allie says in shock.

"I don't know; I was just kind of in the moment," I say, almost just as shocked as Allie.