Mom this is Newt | 10

"Hey, Mom I'm home."

"Okay, hun I'm just in the kitchen."

I walk into the kitchen to see my mom with Newt following behind me.

"How was the movie?" She asks while turning to face me. "Oh and who is this?" She says while giving me this weird look.

"Hi, I'm Newt."

"He walked me home from the movie because Allie had to leave," I say, trying to make it less awkward.

"Yeah, I thought it would be a bad idea for her to walk home alone," Newt says.

"Well, thank you, Newt. I'm about to make tea, do you guys want any?"

"That would be lovely, thank you," Newt replies.

We sat there talking for a while,  not long after Newt's cab arrives.

"Thank you for the tea and welcoming me into your home." He says while getting his shoes on.

"Oh, no problem Newt, I hope to see you again." my mom says. She seems to like Newt. He made a really good first impression.

"Me too, well goodbye. Thank you again."

As he leaves, he waves goodbye, and I close the door. I turn to see my mom giving me yet another weird look.

"What?" I say, laughing.

"So...Newt, is he your boyfr-"

"No, he's not my boyfriend," I say, cutting her off in the middle of her sentence.

"Okay, if you say so," she says, heading up stairs to her room. "Goodnight," she yells down the stairs.

"Night."

I decide that I probably should get to bed soon, so I go to the bathroom to take a shower. I turn the water on and get in. I try to make it quick because of how late it is. I get out and get my pyjamas on, and head to bed.