Halloween pt.1 | 42

It's now October, and all of the group is getting ready for a Halloween party Thomas is throwing. Newt and I are going as Coraline and Wybe from 'Coraline.' Newt's mom is picking me up around 9 and driving us there. I'm really excited because not only is this my first Halloween with a boyfriend it is also my first high school party. It is 7:30, and I've just gotten out of the shower.

I lay out my costume on my bed and look at it, questioning if it's too revealing. I have a short yellow dress with yellow boots, and my hair is dyed dark blue and curled. My hair has always been pretty long and blonde, I've cut it to my shoulders, and I feel like I've finally become myself. I start to blow dry my hair when I get a text from Brenda.

Brenda: wanna ft while we get ready?

Y/N: For sure. Give me two minutes.

I set my phone on my desk and call Brenda. It rings for a few seconds then she picks up. "Hey!" Brenda says as she starts to do her makeup. 

"Hey! What are you going as again? I totally forgot." I say, continuing to blow dry my hair.

 "First of all, how rude of you to forget. But I'm going as Velma." 

"Girl, you are gonna look so fine, the hottest one there," I say as I turn on my curling iron.

 "Nah, you are gonna look so good in that dress.". I start to blush as I continue to get ready.

An hour passes, and Brenda and I are ready. I have thirty minutes before Newt, and his mom come pick me up. I end the call with Brenda and head downstairs to get some food. My mom is in the living room watching t.v. She sees me and gives me a second glance.

"Well, you look nice, but won't you be cold?" She says. "Mom, it's a house party, I will probably be sweating. Not cold." I say, laughing. "Well, I guess that's true. Just don't drink too much, okay?" she says, giving me a caring look. "Of course, Mom, don't worry," I say, walking into the kitchen. I open the cupboard and look for something small to eat. I find some chips and salsa and pull them out. I pour the salsa into a bowl and sit down on my kitchen island. I scroll through Instagram as I eat.

I must've lost track of time because I hear a knock at the front door and rush to put my blow in the sink. I run through the living room and hug my mom goodbye. I open the door and see Newt standing there in his costume. His costume is very basic, you could say. His hair is dyed black, and it looks phenomenal, if I do say so myself. He has a black jacket and blue jeans on with gloves. He looks me up and down and says, 

"Wow, Y/n, you look beautiful."

 "Thank you, you look amazing as well, and I really love the dark hair on you," I say, trying to reach his hair, but I'm too short. We walk to his mom's car and get in. Thomas's house is only a few minutes away from mine so we get there around 9:15 ish. I say thank you to Newt's mom, and we walk up to Thomas's house. The music is so loud you can hear it from outside. I grasp onto Newt's arm a little tighter because I'm nervous. He looks down at me and gives me a small smile as we walk into the house. As we walk in, I see Tommy talking to Minho and some girl dressed as a nun. Thomas spots Newt and me and waves us over. We walk over, and the girl turns and my face drops. It's Allie.