Chapter - 18 // The Godlike

Hello my beloved
This is my favorite chapter so far.
Enjoy

-----------------------------------------------------------

to tell you the truth
the hidden Sun brings out iridescents too
don't worry my beloved
we'll be ok soon

-----------------------------------------------------------

The afternoon Sun shined furiously as the hours passed, big clouds forming on the horizon. No creature dared to make an appearance but Louis was not having it. He was on a mission, mission to bake cake for angry Niall, who was yet to say a word to him since their return from his spot. It was funny to see grumpy Niall, mad over something he did without thinking twice but something so harmless and done with a good motive.

He wanted Harry to see it cause, one - he wanted him to know a bit about how sappy he can actually be without being apologetic and, two - the other man needed something magical - according to him. His day with the said man was, without a doubt, a pleasant memory to him and he hoped it was the same for Harry too.

He wanted to make amends with Niall, no matter what. He was remembering the recipe of a strawberry cake his motyer baked at home as he rummaged through kitchen drawers which were still unfamiliar to him as he was to them.

Baking a cake would be easy if only he knew how.

His only help was Mary, but she was on a leave as Dua didn't want her to get trapped in storm which was looming off shore. Dua was, well, she simply told him to be safe while baking, no further help. Asking Liam was out of the question as the said man was busy cuddling his boyfriend. It was cute. He didn't want to bother them anyway cause in order to ask Liam's help, he would have to spoil the surprise which was a big no-no.

Harry was his only and last help. Harry, whom he has not even greeted a ' good morning' yet. Harry, who left him in chaos, leaves him in chaos after every second they shares. He knew he could ask him but he needed a little bit of push, a fist full courage to go and knock on his door which stood right in his eyesight.

" Come on, be a man LouLou." he slammed the drawer forcefully and regretted doing it as the loud boom was heard throughout the house. He apologized to thin air, leaving it behind as he approached the door, his eyes downcast. Suddenly the birds on his slippers were more important than the task at hands.

He raised his left hand to knock but the jittery heart made him omit the sound before his knuckles reached the wooden surface resulting in a reply of " Who's there? " from Harry after a few seconds. It was a done deal now. The train had left the station. He could not back up now.

" It's Lou. "

A fit of giggles reached his ears before footsteps and the sound of door unlocking.

" Lou who? "

A toothy grin took over his frown, which was plastered because of the tension of not knowing baking. He forgot about it for a second, enjoying the moment.

" Lou, who wants to bake a cake with you. " he replied with hopeful eyes as the door opened, revealing the man he's become so fond of in just few days.

" Let me tell you one thing, I know everything about baking. I have worked in bakery before I joined Niall's. " Louis nodded enthusiastically as they made their way to the kitchen. His shoulders relaxed.

" But I didn't bake anything there. I was a cashier. So I don't know anything about the actual baking. "

He stopped dead in his track. " What ? " he was baffled, " but you just said you know everything about baking. "