Chapter - 19 // The Sterling bliss

I got you this :

Also, keep an eye out for songs references in this chapter.

* I'm so smart *

-----------------------------------------------------------

A night like this
Fireflies in the trees
Colourful meadow and the sea
White peeks
You and me and our shared bliss
Makes me want to live

-----------------------------------------------------------

They say days feels like seconds when everything is happening according to your will and those same days can feel like tear socked years when things are going out of your hands.

Harry knew both.

He has faced both and none of them were his favourite.

Good days felt like unworthy blessings and bad days felt like - well, on bad days, he wasn't even conscious to feel, crying and alcohol can have that effect.

It makes you die a little without your heart beat going flat.

As the waves came and faded after kissing his feet, his breathing quickened, remembering the distance memories which he stashed in his hidden cabinet, jailed behind the concrete walls he chose every brick of.

It never ends well and today was not going to be any different.

A laughter echoed and wander in the evening air, forcing him to acknowledge his leaking eyes, his earthly state.

No wonder his head was pounding.

Sadness is a sick monster. It forces you on your knees in pain, to beg for peace when you're being thankful for your blessings.

What a big load of horse shit.

On good days, he thanked while being on his knees and on bad days, he asked for mercy till his knees bled.

It's an annoying trait, really. Having a sad soul does tricks on your happy mind and ends up making you a pawn of your emotions which results in this - acid leaking eyes.

His eyes followed the evening rays on the blue water, his breathing turning normal as the Sun started to turn softer shade of saffron, matching the color of the shirt his lover was wearing as he chased Niall around.

Lover, even the word made him feel on edge- on the edge of a cliff, he knew he would enter the most calming heaven if he jumped, if he dared to take a leap. His troubled mind gave no rest when it came to haunt the happy castles he was building with his lover, who knew nothing about the ghosts that lurked in his mind. Letting go would mean dealing with those memories in order to get better for himself to give the best to Louis, to Niall, to everyone who knew him enough.

Who loves him.

Even the image of a future with him gave him adrenaline rush, rush to run forward and be better.

Their meetings in nights were curing him and his soul.

He knew he was goner for him. He even accepted it in front of Niall when he asked about it after their memorable day with iridescents. He couldn't lie. How could he?

Honestly, the rush felt scary too. He had been there before, have felt the rush before.

It didn't end well.