Teach you to pick locks

Vivian's POV :

Vivian's POV :

"The name on the card was non other than Vivian."

Those few words left me speechless. I couldn't do anything. I can't speak. I came back to my senses when dad called out to me. I think a few minutes have gone by cause he looked worried.

"Vivian, baby please say something." Dad said.

"Yeah kiddo, are you mad?" Mom said next.

I just stared at them for a good 30 seconds after which I did something which shocked everyone. I lunged at dad and mom and hugged them tight.

"Oh God, baby what happened?!" Dad exclaimed.

"Honestly, I don't know. I mean yeah I'm shocked and all but don't worry I'm not angry or anything with you guys if that's what you're thinking. More than anything I'm grateful to you all. Mom, dad you guys gave me a life when it could have ended on the very day I was born. You are my saviors. I'm thankful and grateful and love you guys alot. You adopting me tells me that I was wanted... kinda more that Noah." I said and ended with a cheeky grin.

"Hey!" Noah said and then I burst out laughing.

My tiny speech made mom so emotional that she shed a few tears and both my parents looked at me with pride.

"We love you too sweetie. Maybe more than Noah as well." Dad said with a wink at end.

"Not you too dad! Ugh only mom loves me." Noah slumped on his seat with a frown

"Aww baby don't you worry. I love you little guy." I said to him in a baby voice causing his frown to deepen.

"You do realize I'm 3 years older than you, right?" He asked and then added with a mischievous smirk, " and if you love me then you won't hurt me when I tell you that I raided your pantry. You might wanna restock."

"First of all, you being older is a tiny detail with I thought of ignoring and secondly, sweetheart sleep with an eye open. You never know when some mice plan to invade your room at night and sleep on you" I said with an innocent smile which was clearly not innocent.

I think he got the message cause a slight fear took place on his face.

"You wouldn't do that to your loving brother. Would you?" He said.

"Guess we'll find out tonight sweetheart."I replied.

"I'm gonna lock my door properly." He said with a smirk which dulled when he saw the look on my face.

"Sure kiddo and I'm gonna teach you to pick locks properly." I said with all honesty. I think he got my implied message because now he looked properly horrified. He looked at dad for help but then realized its useless.

Noah may be the older one but I'm dad's favorite and he adores and helps me in pranking. Yup, my dad's my partner in crime.

"I'm definitely sleeping with an eye open or hell I'm not sleeping tonight." Noah said in the end.

"Sure, we'll see." I said with glint in my eye. One thing you should know about the Smith family is that we adore our sleep and can't go on with a day without it. You mess with our sleep and its a prank war.  Believe me that has happened. Once between me and Noah, once me vs dad and once me plus Noah vs dad and mom. Me and dad are the ultimate pranking duo who have gotten scolded by mom like 5 year old kids more than the number of fights I've had with Noah and we bicker and fight ALOT. The last prank war was an epic piece of work. After that, our house contained one person with whole parrot green hair, one with neon orange, a wall with multi colored paint spots, caramel, gravy and chocolate remains on it and glitter all around the living room which took 3 days to clean and the sofas were the most difficult. Lesson learnt was never to put glitter on fan to fly away. Only put it on someone's hair. Hehehe. That was fun.

After that whole house cleaning no one messed with each other's sleep cause let's face it, sleep is more important that fun...in most cases.

"Well since that's out of the way..." dad said to me while eying Noah. I'm sure dad's gonna help me tonight. "Vivian there a few more things you have to know but first I'm proud of you. I knew you were mature but your reply today to the news was just great. I live you alot sweetie."

"Thanks alot dad and me too. I love you loads and loads and a whole lot of loads too."  I said with moisture in my eyes. You know that moment when you have known that your parents are proud of you but when they say it, you can't help but feel like you just conquered the world? Same's my situation right now.

"Hey what about mum?" Mum said faking sadness.

"Aww mum I love you too alot. But dad more." I said the last part playfully faking innocence.

"Yes! See that Grace. I'm her favorite. Yippee!" Yup, that's my dad. I seriously think sometimes if he's 47 years old or 7.

"Oh hush. And I know. I'm not even gonna fight it cause this little kiddo has always been a daddy's girl. But the reason for that is you spoilt her with all the sweets and still do." Mom said with a glare at the end pointed at dad.

"Oh little details, little details, must be ignored, little details." Dad said in a sing-song voice. Yup now I'm sure he's a 7 year kid trapped in a 47 year old body.

"Ugh I can't with you." Mom said throwing her hands up dramatically and dad gave her a cheeky smile in return.

"Well since that's out of the way...again, Vivian what I wanted talk about earlier was regarding your birth parents." Dad said taking a serious note now.

"Um okay dad, what about them?"

"Sweetie this man right here is your biological dad."

"What?!" Like seriously?! Okay that escalated quickly. Yeah I was thinking about them internally but I didn't know that he was right there in front of me. Honestly with all the bickering with Noah and stuff, I kinda forgot he was even there.

"Kiddo he is your biological dad. He wants to talk to you and take you back to Spain." Mom ended with a sad tone.

"WHAT?!!" Like double seriously?!

Uh oh... okay so that happened. Oh how I love Nathaniel (dad) and his pranks.

So let's see how the next chapter will go.

Hope you guys like what you read and please do comment, like and share.

Till then Toodles!