171-175

Chapter 171 Night Attack

Zou Guojun is the only direct descent alive of the Zou family. A few of his distant relatives work as high-level officials in the government, but they only get their job with the help of the Zou family. These people are actually powerless.

Lin Luoran reviews the information on the Zou family in her head. After hearing that she has come to the capital, Chen Yun went through a lot of troubles and sent her this information. Chen Yun clearly wants to show his goodwill. This is such a bureaucratic move. No wonder he can't enter the level of Laying Foundation... Lin burns the materials into ashes and looks at Mr. and Mrs. Zou through the window.

Grass will grow again if you don't dig up the roots.

No close relative. Good. Though she must revenge, Lin Luoran doesn't want to kill innocent people. God observes everything everyone is doing. Lin may vent her anger through a massacre. However, if she does so, what is her difference from Zou Yaowei, a bully, and Mrs. Zou, who has no mercy in her heart?

Stop killing by killing may seem simple, yet it is not Lin's way of handling things.

A crystal chandelier is hanging in the study of Zou's house. It is not so luxury, but it does show the owners' taste. After all, this is the house of an upper-class family of Huaxia.

The study is on the second floor and there are armed bodyguards walking on the balcony. At least a dozen guards are standing by in the house, and they all have guns in their pockets!

Even a fly will have trouble flying into Zou's house.

If the enemy of the Zou family were an ordinary person — Lin Luoran sneers. Too bad that she is not! In the darkness, Lin stands on the roof. None of the bodyguards notices her presence. With her good hearing, Lin has heard every word Mr. and Mrs. Zou just said.

This explains why Mrs. Zou acted so arrogantly in the hospital before. Turns out Commander Qin and Zou Guojun's father were old acquaintances. In fact, Zou Guojun is quite sober at last. No matter how close his father was with Commander Qin, his family asked too many favors and his son hit Qin Baojia with a car. No friendship can survive this.

However, Zou Guojun is also truly powerful. He actually hires enough men who are able to take down any ordinary person.

This is a starless night. The capital is lighted up by millions of streetlamps. In the Zou's house which locates in the suburban area, the only sound is Mrs. Zou's cry.

"It is already too late to cry." Lin Luoran jumps down from the roof and lands on the balcony. Mrs. Zou becomes stiff. She looks up.

The bodyguards draw out the guns immediately. They react quite quickly, but Lin Luoran is faster!

Before any of the bodyguards pulls the trigger, they are thrown down the balcony by an invisible force.

"Bang! Bang! Bang!"

They keep shooting at the balcony and they are not going to stop until Lin Luoran is dead on the ground.

The bullets can't break the window. Lin Luoran raises her eyebrow.

Bullet-proof glass? The Zou family surely doesn't give up on hope. They are putting up a life-or-death struggle!

Though Lin is in the level of Laying Foundation, her body is made of flesh and blood. She is bothered by these bullets coming right at her — only a little bit.

While dodging the bullets, Lin Luoran gathers gold light on her fingertip. It is the "Sting Tip Spell", the spell Lin used to carve the jade pendant as a gift for little Tess. With her current level of cultivation, the spell is much more powerful than a bee's sting!