176-180

Chapter 176 If You Were Deceived By Life

I can't give up!

Lin Luodong grits his teeth. His backpack is so heavy that he is having a hard time breathing.

It rained just now, and the iron chain by the stairs is slippery. Though Luodong is wearing gloves specially made for climbing, he feels that he may fall any second.

He is so tired. He can't even lift his legs and his hands are definitely swollen. He is struggling every step he takes. The stairs on Mount Hua seem to be endless.

Lin Luoran walks slowly and easily a few steps in front of Luodong. Luodong feels like that a string is connecting himself with his sister, which makes it impossible for him to give up.

"Kid, is your bag heavy? Do you need my help?"

The sudden rain has sent away most of the tourists. Lin Luoran and Luodong almost reach the peak, so there are not many people around them. They actually walk quite fast. At this speed, Luodong is physically tired. His pale little face arises the pity of some women. There are already five "sisters" and three "aunts" who have offered their help to Luodong.

Of course, every time someone volunteers to carry Luodong's bag for him, Lin Luoran will suffer a disdainful glance at him.

Lin Luoran looks back to check on Luodong's condition. Noticing that, Luodong feels that he suddenly regains his self-esteem. His strength is back again. The sky is getting brighter and the peak is just around the corner. Luodong has persisted for too long to give up now.

"Thank you, aunt. I'm ok!"

Lin Luoran shakes the sweat off her forehead. She doesn't realize that no elder woman can resist Luodong's cute and stubborn little face.

Walking in the front, Lin Luoran is actually laughing.

Having conversations with strangers, buying food by himself, sharing grapes with the tourists, and saying thank you politely... Luodong wasn't able to say a word when they first met. He was so shy and dull back when they went on the trip together. As she expected, the beautiful scenery would be the best cure for Luodong.

Her younger brother is making so much progress. She is so happy.

"We'll get to the peak soon. Come on." Lin Luoran turns around and whispers. Luodong forgets about the pain in his hands immediately.

One step, two steps, three steps... Lin Luodong can't remember how long he has been walking. It's 3 o'clock in the morning. Few people have reached the east peak. Luodong and his sister are in the first group of tourists who climb on the peak.

The east peak of Mount Hua is the best spot to watch the sunrise. There is a hotel on the peak, but the rooms are too expensive. Most tourists choose to stay at hotels at the foot of the mountain and start to climb in the middle of the night. They reach the peak around 3 or 4 o'clock in the morning, which is the perfect time to see the sunrise.

Some of the tourist gave up when it rained earlier. Lin Luoran and Luodong walked fast and they barely took any rest. Therefore, the two of them reach the top of the mountain before most of the others do.

It is delightful with few tourists on the peak.

Lin Luoran picks a spot and takes out the tent and other outdoor gears out of Luodong's backpack. She lays a mat on the ground, pitches the tent, and puts her tea set on the mat.

She takes out some Dahongpao tea leaves she received from Master Mu. The entire tea set is also a gift from Mu.

Lin Luoran doesn't make tea first. She and Luodong haven't eaten anything since they got off the train. Climbing to the peak of Mount Hua is tiring. It's time to have something nice to replenish their energy.