316-320

Chapter 316 Foundation-Laying Bolus

The orange-red flame is dancing.

A medicine scent wafts from the Grade Two alchemy furnace on which the Kyuuki Beast is engraved. Lin Luoran's one hand continually puts the fire Wakan into the furnace while the other hand makes the gesture of spells to lift the lid and put Butterflybush Flower in it.

What she is making is "Foundation-Laying Bolus", the Grade Four middle-class bolus. It is not like making Grade One Fostering Qi Bolus, which only needs to put a certain quantity of medicinal materials together. Foundation-Laying Bolus takes dozens of medicinal materials, some basic remedies and some spirit herbs as support in total. Besides, their purifying degrees vary and should be put in the alchemy furnace by sequence. One false step will make a great difference. Lin Luoran has learned the lesson from the materials she has wasted.

You can't know how many times you will fail before successfully making one bolus. The success rate just represents a general situation. When encountering special cases, you can do nothing but feel depressed.

Making Foundation-Laying Bolus is not like making Fostering Qi Bolus. It's not the deal of putting tons of medicinal materials together and just waiting for solidifying. What Lin Luoran needs now is not Butterflybush Flower or Seven Stars Grass, but "Monkey Mushroom".

When Lin Luoran got two Monkey Mushroom from the old monkey in the secret land, she tried to plant them in the space. It's the first time that she realized there is something can't be done in the space. Other mushrooms can be transplanted there. But the most important guiding drug of Foundation-Laying Bolus cannot live there.

So with the limited guiding drug, Lin Luoran makes Foundation-Laying Bolus very carefully. But she still fails many times.

Thinking that it's the only remaining Monkey Mushroom, Lin Luoran is so nervous.

A black smoke erupts from the alchemy furnace. The smell of burning spirit medicine and spirit herb tells her that these valuable things have turned into ashes.

Tired and frustrated, Lin Luoran has no energy to clean the mess and just goes out. Lin's backyard is very quiet and peaceful. Lin Luoran passes by the vegetable patch and unconsciously goes to the Huan island.

Shadows of bamboo are dancing in the breeze, with a small medicinal garden in it. Goldie notices that its owner is approaching, so it flies down directly.

Lin Luoran catches it with her arm. Goldie is lazy, feeling kind of droopy. So she puts an elixir in its mouth.

The moon is shining brightly. She wanders around with Goldie in the bamboo forest. And then she suddenly realizes she has been in front of the bamboo house.

Usually, there was a little fox nearby. It always hangs on to whoever passes by, putting on all kinds of coquettishness and arrogance and asking for food and spirit herbs. The whole Lin family all know its tricks.

But now, in a room full of moonlight, the small wooden bed, which Mr. Lin deliberately made for it, now is so empty. Where is the little fox?

It disappeared in Weifang, Shandong. It has been three months but no one knows where it is.

Cyan little fox showed its nine tails and made shikigami surrender. At that time, when the three of Lin Luoran hiding on the roof revealed their joy, a cyan light suddenly burst out on the hillside.

With a flash, everyone on the hillside, including the cyan little fox, disappeared.

Lin Luoran found that the leaking Reiki had been blocked. Without Reiki, Weifang can't produce amazing radish any more. However, Lin Luoran doesn't care about that very much. Even the fact that maybe cyan little fox opened the entrance to the Green Mountains and took Sakurako Asada with it... is not so important in Lin Luoran's mind.