551-555

Chapter 551 Scheming Lay Buddhist Xin

Lord Shen's troops have surrounded the capital. They are beating drums as a signal to attack the city. Famous generals of the Yinyue Kingdom are now defending the frontier. Recently, Qiang people are making troubles in the west. If these generals come to support their king, the Yinyue Kingdom will soon be smashed by the Qiang people.

Only the south garrison can come to support. However, it is in summer that the frequent floods totally slow down the southern army. Reinforcements are delayed and the capital is isolated and helpless.

Before the reinforcements from the south arrive, the only arm which can protect the capital is the 80,000 imperial soldiers subordinated to the old king. The capital is surrounded by Lord Shen's fifty thousand cavalries. One side is fighting desperately, while the other side has to make sure all the king's relatives all over the city survive Lord Shen's anger. Such a contrast is really ridiculous. The king's army is defeated in continuous three battles. People in the capital city are all in panic, including princes, nobles, and even the street beggars who were spreading sarcastic gossip a month ago.

People are not united at all. The capital probably can't witness the day when reinforcements are here. The old king seems to finally make up his mind. When Lord Shen's army attacks the city again, almost all imperial troops are sent out.

Lin Luoran squeezes onto the city wall under such circumstances.

War has always been cruel no matter when or where. It will not be less fierce because it's the cold weapon era. Soldiers climb up ladders and are stabbed to death, full of holes. Some soldiers are cut in the middle by the cavalry... The large yellow land under the high city wall now has been covered with broken limbs, and the soil has been stained red-brown. Horses sometimes stumble because of piles of corpses. There is screaming, clamoring, and the blunt sound of swords cutting into the body.

Under these circumstances, Lin Luoran suddenly sees Xin Yuanping.

On the frontline of the bloody battlefield, a beautiful Taoist nun in a lotus white Taoist robe walks on the battlefield compassionately, holding a black lotus. She does not mind blood polluting her embroidered shoes with white satin and pink sole.

That black lotus is too familiar for Lin Luoran. Otherwise, she will never believe that this nun is actually the devil Xin Yuanping!

That woman broke her arm at Dragon Palace and was rescued by the old Taoist Hui Zhu. Qingcheng Taoist Temple's people have totally disappeared since then. Hundreds of years pass quickly. Lin Luoran has never seen Xin Yuanping again. However, this woman once brought her unforgettable memory. She can always remember Xin Yuanping's appearance very clearly.

That summer, on the eve of a heavy rain, a woman in black suddenly appeared in front of Villa No.18 of Qingcheng Villa.

Xin Yuanping was definitely a charming woman who knew how to pretend to be weak and shy. At first glance, people might be off guard in front of her. They would never hate her natural charm. However, under her charming appearance, it was huge hostility.

Using living people to make elixir—Xin Yuanping was definitely a devil.

Now she has a peaceful face. She looks at the battlefield with a compassionate look in her eyes. It almost deceives Lin Luoran—without the black lotus in her hand absorbing the bloody breath as she walks, Lin Luoran will totally believe that Xin Yuanping is now a nice person.

Lin Luoran soon realizes that Xin Yuanping must be "Lay Buddhist Xin" who shopkeeper Wu talked about.

This female devil must have used some tricks to remove her devil power. However, she can't hide her personal ability. Her personal ability is lower than middle Gathering Vitality. After more than four hundred years, Xin Yuanping's personal ability enhancement speed is not fast since she is a demonized cultivator. In her prime, even Lin Luoran had to fear her.