356-360

Chapter 356 Samurai and Geisha

The three of Lin Luoran don't choose to sleep over and say goodbye to the woodman. Before leaving, they ask what his name is. The young woodman is stunned for a moment and then smiles, "My name is Susanoo Matsuoka."

Yuan Ye feels surprised and wants to say something but the look in Lin Luoran's eyes stops him.

The three make a detour. When they are out of the woodman's sight, they change course and head for Mount Fuji.

"Grandmaster, only members of the nobility could have surnames before the Meiji Restoration of Nihon. Low-class labors had surnames for household registration after the early years of the Meiji era. Surnames like Matsuoka and Yamagami are obviously derived from people's residence before the Meiji Restoration period... Nihonese having surnames at this period wouldn't just be a woodman. "

Lin Luoran nods. "He is not like a strong woodman who grows up in the mountains but a flower in a greenhouse... Do you know what I mean?"

Yuan Ye is stunned, "Grandmaster, do you think he is... he is one of those missing Shibuya young people?"

"It seems that he forgets everything and thinks himself is born to be a woodman." Mr. Lin is taciturn but he can always get the point whenever he speaks.

It has only been a month since the disappearances. How can the Nihonese young man be born as a woodman? Lin Luoran remembers the wooden statue with weird power of faith of darkness attribute in space. She turns to Yuan Ye and Mr. Lin, "If we don't want to forget everything like that woodman, we must always be vigilant and remind each other. We need to hold fast to our faith. "

Mr. Lin and Yuan Ye also think the same way. The three of them soon arrive in front of the Hongu Sengen Taisha Shrine. This place has not been expanded yet. The snow accumulates at the door of the shrine. Although it looks a bit shabby, Lin Luoran actually thinks now it has more essence of a shrine.

Goldie goes to communicate with the local birds for some information.

Mr. Lin, Yuan Ye, and she sneak in stealthily. The shrine still worships the goddess "Konohananosakuyahime". There is nothing strange besides it.

This is seemingly just a religious place. Yuan Ye is silent for a long time after they came out. "Grandmaster, I wonder if we are in a dream."

"Well, why do you feel so?" Lin Luoran always values her chief apprentice's opinion.

Yuan Ye coughs, "There were many cultivators of Bearing Essence in Huaxia during the Ming Dynasty. But how about Nihon at the same era? Grandmaster has high personal ability, however, great grandmaster and I are just in the Training Qi period. No one in the shrine found us sneaking in an important place like Mount Fuji shrine. It's so weird. "

Yeah, it's weird. The flawless appearance of Mount Fuji and shrine is like a frill lacking of the essence it should have. That's the reason why Yuan Ye said they are in a dream.

Goldie flies back. Birds here are dumbfounded and unable to communicate with it. It doesn't get any useful clues so it can only return with nothing.

Lin Luoran agrees with Yuan Ye more and more. It's like dreaming. She looks down and thinks about it, "Let's go to Edo and check it out."

...

Edo is the former name for Togyo. From the first Daimyo to the Meiji Restoration, Edo had always been the political center of Tokugawa shogunate's ruling for two hundred years. But in the early years of Tokugawa shogunate, Edo was still a small town.