486-490

Chapter 486 Return

This is the eighth district of the moonstar and now it is the 306th year on the new calendar.

Relying on the original large crater, the eighth district can be regarded as a high-end residential area on the moonstar. The artificial fountain is exquisite. Earth Federation people of the New Era have never got the chance to see the amazing natural landscapes and they are surrounded by artificial lakes. From time to time, water from the fountain in the urban square splashes on their clothes, which is a behavior of embracing nature for them.

Of course, if you have enough money, there are many planets which you can travel to in the Alpha Alliance. However, most people were born in moonstar and they hardly have the opportunity to get out of the Earth Federation. Living in the eighth district of moonstar is always a good choice for them.

On the left bank of the artificial lake, there is a house with green bricks and green tiles, which is incompatible with the entire construction of the eighth district. It adds a bit of ancient feeling to the steel-and-concrete structures.

The family surname of the house owner is Liu. The Lius moved here from Dongting City on the earth more than a hundred years ago. They stay away from publicity and buy land and build without anyone noticing. This house has attracted many people in the past one hundred years. Many people use all kinds of methods to get it but finally, they give up. The Liu family seems to be insignificant, but no one can bully them easily.

On the moonstar, there are no distinct four seasons. The side irradiated by the sun is extremely hot while the side without sunlight is very cold. Residential areas are all built in bunkers. High-grade residence simulates the temperature of the Earth in spring and autumn, which is really pleasant. The temperature of some worse residential areas sometimes may go wrong. People always curse the hot summer and cold current there.

In the early morning of August, 306 on the new calendar, there are voices in the Liu Family Mansion beside the artificial lake.

The master of the house leads all family members to light a stick of incense in front of the worshiped portrait in the hall. This is how the Liu family begins its new day.

Ads by Revcontent

"Qingdai, stay here. I have something to tell you."

Younger generations leave one after another. Liu Qingdai has always been the favorite of the master. Liu Qingdai's brothers and sisters of the same generation have long been accustomed to her special treatment. They were jealous when they were young, but now they are glad that someone can take the position for them and be favored by the master—please, as time goes by, who wants to be the "believer" selected from the family and devotes all her or his life to the faith of the Liu family?

The Liu family secretly gathers a lot of believers believing in "Mortal Heart Fairy", especially the support from survivors of the Dongting City. In this case, Lius get the strength which cannot be underestimated. However, no one has actually touched even a corner of Gods and Buddhas because of his or her belief.

If they have the time for devout worship, they will use it to learn martial arts or exercise spirit power. It is people's own strength that makes them feel confident. Can pious belief do any help to martial arts advancement and make them fly like legendary cultivators? What a joke!

However, Liu Qingdai has different ideas from the youth in the Liu family. As the daughter of the main branch in the Liu family, she has been chosen as the "believer" because of her cool temperament since she was a child. She is the most pious believer among the people who worship Mortal Heart Fairy.