Chapter 1: New Chance

Sleep

Sleep. Such a beautiful past time. My only escape from my life. Sleep was six to eight hours of pure quiet, where my mind may roam as it want to. Sometimes it roamed where I was most content and at times to places I dread. Yet, sleep never ceased to drown out the outer world and my problems.

I wish to dream of a version of myself, 2 sizes smaller, taller and happier. A version of myself where my family see me as a human, one that feels and may express. Mostly, I dream to one day find someone or something that makes me feel like I am a whole beautiful person capable of everything and anything. But that dream seems impossible.

"Diamond, little fat ass. Get up!" The voice of my "sister", Paris, rang with its annoying tone. My big brown eyes fluttered open to see her little perfect size 2 body standing in front of my bed side in a red lingerie. Sometimes I wish I could pull off those pieces of string without looking like the a sausage.

"Yes, Paris. I am up." Rubbing my eyes, the sunlight hit my face as of to slap the sleep out of me.

"Good, little bitch. We got school in a about an hour and your fat ass is the one that has to make us breakfast." She pulled my small white blanket of my bed and walked away snobby.

"I can't take this bull." I whispered under my breath. Imagine years, minutes, seconds of continuous battering to your soul. That's how I feel every morning.

I got up, looked in the mirror then headed to the bathroom where I  showered and got dressed in an pink tank top , brown blazer and a brown pencil skirt. I may be overweight but i do have an awesome coke bottle shape that I  know my sisters envy. I did my basic make up of foundation and liquid eyeliner with a bit of pink lip gloss. I was ready to give the world my best illusion of happiness.

Walking down stairs, I saw my 'humble' family at the living room table chatting. As if humble could ever be in their DNA. As I  entered the room, they all turned and looked at me with disgust. This was normal, they all hated me for some reason. Ever since I turned 16 last year, they treat me like I  am nothing, absolutely not a thing. Maybe it's because they found the remains of my biological father last year.

Here is my family, my numb mother, my step rather and my three stepsisters. Of my step sisters, only one notices my existence. She treats me like scum by she know I am alive.

"Hey slut, go make us some food and stop staring at us with your ugly eyes." My stepbfather shouted my way. As tears swollen in my tear glands, I  ran to the kitchen and shut the door with a slam. It hurt the most when my father called me names because before he was a ruthless drunk, he was my favorite person in the world. He used to do so much for me like take me to the carnival or to the lake and just talk with me but now all i see him as is a liver bomb just waiting to explode and die.

I knew he was being nice to me at a young age who convince my mother. Maybe that's why after he manipulated her mind enough, he was able to treat me like this.

I took out the eggs and bread and made five omelets with six pieces of toast. I placed them on the table and grabbed my piece of toast and eat it quickly then called them in. They chat and laughed as they ate. Never once acknowledging my presence.

I grabbed my backpack and waited in the van for then to came outside. When they did they told me to go in the trunk like usual. It was really a third row yet had the capacity for 2 toddlers at the most. The drive was quiet for the most part. The teens on their phones doing whatever they chose and my step father was driving.

"So Diamond, are you excited for this new school?" My mother's weak voice broke the silence. I heardly heard her speak after my father died. The variety of drugs that she keeps under her duvet causes her to always seem numb inside.

"Lilith, don't patronize the sad excuse for a daughter. We all know she is only good at making grades and staying quiet. She will make an excellent wife one day. Of course, to a pack servant." Lucus chuckled deeply and his daughters followed suit. Tears swell up in my eyes, but I blink them away.

We pulled up to the school and i entered, grabbed my schedule and walked to my first class. This is it, new house, new school... new chance at not making my life as worthless as it already is.