Chapter 23: In Due Time

Breathe in, Breathe out

Breathe, Diamond. Breathe. I chanted over and over again. My head was pulsing. My palms sweaty and a nauseous feeling ran through my veins. Where is he when I needed him? As of Alpha training is more important than this. It was a big event. His mother was here for moments, yet left for some reason. Does no one see he importance of this? It felt like it was only the twins and I. My vision was blurred as my head pulsed. Breathe, breathe. I felt as if I was going to explode. Just think of the babies, Diamond. This is for them. Their big arrival. You got this. Happy thoughts. You are also there. My vision turned red. Before I knew it, my mouth exploded.

"I said pastel colors only! How hard is it for you idiots to understand?" Never again will I ever let warrior wolves paint my nursery. Oh it will be fine Daniel said. They are my best wolves he said. They painted my lounge he said. One of them have experience in carpeting he said. I am about five seconds away from killing him. Trust your mate's opinion, they said.

"Ugh!" I exclaimed out loud in frustration. Its been a two week since my gender reveal to Daniel and we plan to get the nursery finished before we have the ceremony of presenting the genders to the council and pack. He got so excited, it was adorable. Daniel started making lists of names, half of which I hate, and reading parenting books. I think it finally become real to him that in less than a month, we are having pups. Well, semi pups. I don't know if my vampire genetics will transfer to them but I hope it doesn't.

Feeding is horrible. I never told Daniel this but, sometimes at night, I have a midnight "snack". The "snack" is Daniel's sweet blood. It was even better when he went to alpha trainings and it has pumped through his organs thoroughly.

A light smack on my bum took me out of my thoughts and I felt warm arms wrap around me tight. Daniel's minty breath infused the air around me, as he kissed light pecks onto my neck.

"How's the painting going, baby?" I turned around swiftly to him and lean into his chest.

"Your mutts are annoying me!" I felt him chuckle through the vibrations of his chest. I felt him smack me on the bum hard before looking down on me.

"What did I tell you about calling my warriors mutts?"

"D-don't do it unless you want to have your version of playtime." I pouted my lips after I said it, thinking of his version of playtime. It was pretty much him spanking me until I call our warning safe word. I think I got up to 47 last time.

"Good girl. Now what is the problem with my 'mutts'?"

"They got deep colors inside of pastel and I sent them out again to get it and they got the wrong shades. They literally went through fifty shades of grey! Danny, they are stressing me out." I stomped my feet in frustration and a laugh erupted that wasn't of Daniel's. I turn to see Kyle with two more buckets of paint.

"I am sorry for the wait Luna. I think these might be the right ones." I walked up to him and looked at the buckets. I swear, if these aren't right. I take off the lids and take a small paint brush and dip it to see the color. I held it up for light to hit it at the right angle.