Chapter 12.2 : Three Words

After almost being attacked by rouges and the heated argue many between us, I was exhausted. So exhausted, I fell asleep on his back on the way home.

"Home", such a weird word to say after all that happened. Lets get it straight. After the argument, I was pissed. I was pissed at him for his hurtful words and the way he had shown aggression towards my body and my past. I was pissed that he could call himself my mate and still have the same thoughts as most guys I have talked to.

Yet, I was mostly pissed at myself. I let down my guard for a guy. A guy that only became connected to me by the moon goddess and my half werewolf genes. A guy who promised I was the most beautiful woman he has ever laid his eyes on. I let my guard down to allow someone to see my body with the bruises and cuts that has been afflicted on me by Kevin. Something in the back of my head told me it was too soon after what happened, but I wanted to be loved and be seen as beautiful. Mostly, I am pissed at myself for giving into him easily yet the fear of the night sky left me no choice. Go back home with him or be mauled by other rogues. I'm tired of thinking.

 I'm tired of thinking

"Diamond...baby...wake up!" Rough hands shook me out of my sleep. My eyes flutter open to see Daniel's sharp jaw line and misty emerald. At least his wolf isn't out right now. I preferred green eyes more than grey anyways. I sit up slightly and move away from his hands. He looked at me with surprise and sadness.

"Diamond, please. I'm sorry. C'mere." he tries to pull me into him to straddle him yet I pushed away.

"No, I will crush you with all my slutty elephant body, remember?" I looked down at my sheet-covered thighs and played with my fingers. I hated every second of that night and I wish I didn't have to live it.

"Babe, I'm sorry. I didn't mean any of that. I just...I have been stressed with Alpha business and trying to get my succession correct. I forgot one of my most important jobs. I forgot about being the best mate ever," he continues after forcing my chin slightly up so I was looking into his eyes, "You are the best thing to happen to me. I never felt the amount I have for you before. My past has been...rocky when it comes to relationships. I never really had a girlfriend that I saw a future with. But when I look at you. All I see is everything I ever wanted and more. I don't care about your weight and I have to admit. I was an asshole to even bring it up as an excuse. Every second I spend with you, it's like I am in heaven. You're my everything, Diamond. Don't ever believe anything different." By the time he was done, I had tears streaming down my face and his thumb was wiping them away.

"I don't know..." I whispered under my breathe. He said all the right things but can I really trust that? I want so badly for him to be the mate I have always imagined. The one my biological father used to read bedtime stories to me about. Unlike my current dad, who hadn't called me in weeks. Daniel brushed the hair out my face and planted a slow passionate kiss on my lips before pulling away.

"Diamond. I love you." He spoke quietly as his voice seemed to have cracked as tears came pouring out his eyes. "Please baby, forgive me."

I hated seeing him like this

I hated seeing him like this. It broke my heart. That's when I realized what he said. He said the three words I have been suppressing. I kissed him softly before hugging me and sitting in his lap. I knew I wa sn't ready to vocalize those words. But I knew I felt them.

"Promise me you won't do that again." I looked down at him and I saw more than just Daniel. I sawmy soulmate, in stress and distress.

"I promise, babygirl." He kissed my cheek and slide something out of his pocket.

"This is for you." I looked at the small black box and opened it.

Inside was a piece of paper with a blood rose on it.

"What is this?"

"It's the invitations to the introduction of my beautiful queen and future Luna." I felt him smirking against my skin as he kissed my neck.

"So the whole pack...?"

"Yes, they will know who my mate is and their next Luna. Plus you get to show off your mark." As he said this, I think back to the strange pleasure of being marked.

"I can't wait!"

---------

Whatca think?

Should she say the three magic words?

Should they stay together?

Is he lying?

Are you crying too?