Chapter 2: Lunch

"Flora Gusta "

"Flora Gusta "

"Here!"

"Drake Sandler?"

"Here, for now."

"Justice Johnson?"

"Here"

"Josh Jones."

"Here"

"Daniel Black."

"Absent."

"Susan Day."

"Probably in the bathroom with Daniel, Miss."

"Enough, Charles! Hannah Lillian?"

The list of students went on for days. The small interruption of Susan Day walking in with glue on her face was the only event during that time. A bunch of guys cheered her on, while some girls looked at her in absolute disgust. Others didn't care, while I didn't understand what was happening. Its just glue.

"Ok and now the new girl. Diamond Harris." The teacher, Mrs .Williams , turned to me and smiled.

"Diamond, please tell us about your self and maybe why you are here in the middle of the term."

"Um, well, I moved here from Miami because of my mom's new job and my father said it would be good to start new."

I lied through my bright smile. I could not tell them the truth that would be to hard. Oh yeah, my dad got buried so my step dad made us sell my true home and dip. That would make a great first impression. I should run for president.

"Oh that is fantastic. Well your seat is next to Jessica." She pointed to a average size tanned, unnatural red headed beautiful girl that was shining her big teeth at me. Either I look like a double cheeseburger or she is really friendly. Hopefully, she is just friendly and not a cannibal.

I walked to the seat next to her and sat down slowly and awkwardly. As the English class went on, I was paired with Jess to do a report on the ways life, in technology, has changed which will be super easy. Like come on, I use my smartphone and laptop everyday of my life. It can't be that hard. The class finished and I began to walk to my next class with Jessica because we both have all advanced classes together except for sixth period , she has opportunity while I have Health and Parenting . So unfair! I already know to use a bat when a boy touches me! Or even a spatula!

After three classes, Jess helped me find my locker. They had a strange pattern that made us run around the school about 10 times to get close to my locker number.

"232B, 132B, 234B, 134B..... 242B! Finally! I thought I would be fifty before we got here." She exclaimed.

"I know right." I giggled. I put in the code into the digital reader. After practising a few, I was satisfied with my results.

"Diamond" Jessica whined my name. She looked like a toddler waiting on their mother for icecram

"Yes, Jessy dearest." I fired back. She explained during class she hated that overused quote. It was my little way of teasing her.

"Hurry, let's got to lunch and talk about the project. I need big help with my part. I have to actually try this time." Nodding, we walked to the crammed lunchroom filles with teens. When we finally got to the front of the line, she grabbed the meatloaf surprise and milk and I grabbed an apple with some orange juice. It was a small amount but I had to do this to lose some of this weight that all those meds added to me. It is the only way I could think about that my family might accept me. Its twisted and shallow but so is the river to their hearts.

We sat a lonely table in the corner and eat our food. Jessica waved at another girl that was smooching a tall handsome guy and turned to me with a look in her eyes I didn't like.

"So, have you seen any interesting boys?" She teased. Here it goes.

"Hehe, no I am not into guys." I answered back. Her eyes widened and her facial expression change to an uncomfortable one. Did I say something wrong? Wait a minute, does she think I am into girls. Oh my pancakes! I am straighter than a stripper pole.

"Oh no, I mean I have never gotten into dating that much, I am a little iffy with the whole thing." I explained to her now calmed face.

"Oh ok. Sorry, just assumed something alittle too quickly." Awkward laughter filled the absence. She looked around and greeted a short guy that looked like he was a freshman before sliding him money. That must be her sibling.

"So..."

"So, how do you like California so far?"

"It is great. It is not as humid as Miami but it is ok." I personally love humidity. Just the crazy hair and feeling the air moistness. I love it. We kept chatting until a group of beautiful model like girls came marching up to the table and my sisters Paris, Cindy, and Bri were in the group.

Great. My sisters are now A class bitches at school too.