Chapter 67

Damon

Finally I dragged her out of here. I cannot believe her audacity to come here, after I asked her not to. How can she risk her life like this? Don't she know what she means to me. Russo has hurt her once already, no way I am letting her get hurt again. I tied her up in my car and I am damn sure she won't be able to loosen the knots. 

I know she will be angry and sad and anxious too, I know she is here because she is scared for me but she is my life and Russo knows the leverage he will had on me if he has her. I can't risk it.

Chuck being here has already caught me off guard, I don't want any more weaknesses. Still we do not have a number as how many men are with Russo. We here have around eighteen men including me and soon Ric will join us with his team. But I don't know who is Russo's informer and how much he is prepared against me. 

"What now?" Asked Zack as I came back from my car tying her. There were no other vehicles in the perimeter except ours. The night is going darker with every step we take. Ric is taking too much time and now Sophia is here too. The person who is informing Russo about our whereabouts will know she is here. How will I keep an eye on her from here. Dammit "Enzo ask everyone to take their positions. No one will go from the front door except me. Our first priority is to get Charles out of there safely." I instructed Enzo, guess we have to go on with what we have.

I came to an edge for a moment to make a quick call "Ric, how far are you?" " Will be with you in five" he told and I took a breath of relief . "I need you and your men to stay out with Sophia." "So-Sophia, what the-" "Yeah, she came here, but I have right now restricted her to my car, but I don't want Russo to have any leverage. So hide yourself good. No one should know you are keeping an eye on her". I instructed him. "Also trust no one with her except Enzo and I" I added. "But brother what about you and-" "Nothing is more important than keeping her alive, Ric" I told him and disconnected  because no one comes before her, not even me.

I opened the main door and stepped inside. There was no one just Charles tied to that same chair. Unconscious, what it looks like. "S-st-stop" I heard Charles mumble something. It wasn't clear and as I took another step and realized that I stepped on a push button from which Charles tried to warn me by asking me to stop.

 A hissing sound came and room filled with smoke. It was too much for me too see anything, an irritation began in my eyes, and I was almost on the floor coughing and soon the smoke is gone. The room became clear. Everything was same except Chuck wasn't there. Fuck!!

"Russo??? It's between and you and I, fight me like a man. Stop hiding behind a seventeen year old boy." I bellowed. There was silence for a moment and then I heard the whistle. Fucker.

"I was waiting for you " I heard him from behind me and I turned but he wasn't there. My eyes went to the ceiling to the speaker from where the voice was coming. "Then stop hiding and come out" I replied. Within seconds I was surrounded by his gunmen. I counted them to be nine at the moment. "I must admit I was taken aback when I got to know that you are coming. I really thought I got your bitch but what can I say, I admire the way you trained her that she went to you even though the question was of her brother's life." I heard his degraded voice insulting my Sophia. Just come to me you fucker and I will reply to you. "Come out coward, how long will you hide, huh? Aren't you tired of this hide and seek, for once fight like a man. Grow a pair." I retorted. He laughed, "You are surrounded by my men and you are telling me to flight like a man. I am not a rogue street fighter, I am a businessman, I rule the riff-raffs like you. I make you fight." He countered. "Business, right. Then why indulge in small talk, huh come out. Enlighten me about your business" I said. "Who can say NO to Don now, right?" He said and I heard footsteps coming in.