Chapter 46

Damon

I was lying on the couch in the living room with Sophia in my arms, still unconscious. Zack has just left after checking up her. He said her blood pressure might have dropped. Seems like she is too overwhelmed he said, obviously she is after what happened in the dungeon. 

The moment I reached her she melted in my embrace like a traveler reached home after a long journey.

Its only when I picked her in my arms her head falls to the back that I realized she has fainted. Zack came soon enough and checked on her saying she is sleeping peacefully "Let her sleep Don, she is dreaming" he said softly and left. 

I kissed her forehead and my mind went to what all happened. So much has happened since we came back from the cabin. Even though its not more than a week, it felt like months have passed. I knew she wasn't happy with me fighting her brother, but he thought of taking her away from me. How can I overlook it? Never, I am never letting her go. She is mine. My arms gone tighter around her. 

I could see the pain in her eyes when I was in the ring with her brother. How hard was she trying not to make a sound, not even a sniffle cry. I would not have gone through my threat and killed her brother because she made a sound. He is her brother I could never have given her a pain like this but seeing her trying to obey me made me feel contempt. It just gave me the surety that she is mine. I am not loosing her. She will not run. The belief that was weakend when I heard her brother talking about leaving.

I never could have imagined her coming to me after the fight. I was in the shower when I felt her hugging me from behind. She kissed me and broke down. All her pain she was keeping inside she let it out. I felt a pang in my heart as she slid down crying. She rested her forehead on my knees and I felt like burning this whole world which has given her such agony. But right then she needed me, my rage needs to wait, I picked her up and carried her in my arms. She cried and cried. She was letting it all out and I was taking it in. I wanted to tell her that she is not alone. She will always have me. I understand how much she needed that assurance but she is so innocent she always keep others over her. Even then she felt the need of taking care of my wounds more important than her pain. I had thought that she will fight with me for fighting her brother, I never have imagined that this girl who I have brought and kept in my house without her will and knocked off her brother, her only family and I guess the person she cared for the most will sit here sobbing on my wounds. The things I feel for her are beyond my understanding. I never felt the need so deep to protect anyone. 

I kind of loose my breathe on seeing the glint of mischief in her big eyes the way she took off her clothes handing me the towel to help out her wetness. That playful smile, I could give up my world to see that smile, the only thing I couldn't give up was this primal need of control I have. I don't know what came over me, I was happy seeing her being all her naughty self riding me, taking her pleasure still it felt like I can't loose control not even for a second. I knew I haven't lost it still I felt the need to turning the table to tell  her that its me who call the shots, how could she even imagine to run me. I pinned her down and I regret it so much looking tears in her eyes. She was scared that I was angry with her for wanting me trying to take her pleasure. Its her right on me of course I wasn't angry, how can I be angry on her desiring me. I am her's as much as I say she is mine. I was happy. For the first I regret making her cry while fucking. I need her tears but not like this. I cooed her assuring her that I am not angry. I filled her with ticklish kisses to bring her mischievous self back, and her giggles, they just sooth my heart.

I know how much she worries about her brother being tangled in the middle of my world. She is right to be protective of her brother. Who will want their family to be tied between the crosshairs of crime? I never wanted this life for Ric but I failed to keep him from becoming a killer. I understand her emotional chaos to stop this from happening taking care of not disrespecting me in the process. So I decided to free him and let him continue his studies but Ric was not happy with this.  Ric was not against of letting off the debt or letting him continue his graduation, his concern is the Charles has seen a lot and he knows a lot about us to be free without being a threat. That is what I was discussing with Enzo, how can we can keep him away yet close. He is not wrong Charles obviously hadn't earned our trust and he does know a lot. Obviously I cannot let him off the radar. But how to do it without hurting my girl was the continuous commotion going on inside me.