Chapter 53

Sophia

"I am going to him now" I said. Its been five hours we are sitting in the living room. Waiting for Don to come out of his dungeon. He is in there with the man who shot that bullet. Enzo is pacing around. He kept a watch on him until Don came today. After we reached home from hospital Don went straight there. And finally I got Chuck to leave for his school. Here we are Ric, Caprice, Alysia and I.

"No you are not" Ric replied. I got up to go. He got up too and said again "You are not going in there". His tone got stern. "You know its been five hours and he is still inside" I said "He needs to let it out" he said. "No he needs to kill him. Or at this point I should say realize that he is dead already" I retorted. And yes I heard myself. He needs to kill him and end it. The longer he tortured him the longer it will affect him. "Listen we know who did this so why are we dragging this" I said giving up and sitting again. He sat too with his hands on his forehead. "What did Russo do to him?" I asked in a low voice. Ric looked a bit with surprise but didn't answer. "He took that one person from Don who meant everything to him" Caprice said. "Caprice" Ric said trying to stop her. "Who?" I asked her. She didn't say anything.

I used to play for someone special. I lost her and just never felt like playing it again. I remembered what Don told me at the cabin when I asked him about piano. "Is it same person for whom he used to play piano?" I asked and I realized tears started to come, I don't know why. "Yes Laeila" Caprice said. "Laeila. Who is she?" I asked and I could feel the tremble in my voice. He said I was the only woman he ever had such feelings then why am I scared of the answer. "Laeila was his-" "Caprice " before Caprice could say what she was about to Don's voice boomed in the living room.

The anger that laced his voice and the burning rage in his eyes got everyone shivering. "D-Don" for the first time I heard Caprice stuttering. "Ricardo chiedi alla tua ragazza di andare nella tua stanza adesso" Don said something to Ric in Italian, to which he replied too in Italian "per favore fratello". "Subito" Don's anger seems to rise with every word. Why the hell are they talking in Italian now? No matter how sexy he sounds I could not understand a thing and that is freaking the hell out of me...ugh.
[Ricardo ask your girlfriend to go to your room. 'per favore fratello'-Please brother. 'Subito'-Now]

"Don please its been years you need to move past it" Caprice said. Even I can tell this is the stupidest thing to say right now when he is burning in rage. "Caprice have you lost your mind. Go to our room, now" and Ric just proved me right. But before she could go Don was at her. He held her with her throat and backed. She fell on the couch and he was still holding her throat. "Brother leave her" Ric and Enzo came forward to save Caprice. I-I however, just couldn't move. For the first time I saw Don loose his shit on Caprice. I was too scared and shocked to move. "I will let it go when I will suck the life out of that rat bastard and not a minute before" he said and left Caprice with a jerk. She almost fell coughing but Ric caught her. Don stormed out of the house. Wow that was quite the welcome back

"Seriously, is it your first day with my brother? How could you say to let it go? Don't you know what happened?" Ric said to Caprice in the most annoyed tone. "But Master you guys need to understand-" "No you need to understand Ms. Caprice Bianchi, say something like that again and you will see the worst of me. Russo will not get away with it. Never." Ric lashed out on her and I haven't heard him more stern than this ever. That shuts Caprice up an she left without any further protest. I guess went to her room. "Ric I need to know" I asked him, because yes I do need to know. I can't see Damon so messed up. "What happened?" "You do, but its not my place to tell you sister in law. He will decide what you will know when you will know " he said flatly and left. Wow well then I guess it will quarter to never. I thought of my other 'friends' but Enzo was already in the dungeon probably taking care of the body and Alysia well she is not here. God knows when she left. I sighed and went to my room.

God miscarriage do make stairs tough to climb.

It's almost two am, when I heard piano being played somewhere. I got up, I wasn't asleep anyways. I was waiting for Don. He is not back yet. I picked up the satin robe of my night slip and went downstairs. There was Don playing piano with a half empty bottle of bourbon kept on it. He was playing a lullaby "go to sleep my pretty baby" I recognized it because my mom used to sing it for us and I used to sing it to myself to sleep when I use to sleep crying for her.

I reached to him, though for a moment I thought I should leave him alone, I mean give him his space. But it felt that he is sad and I can't make myself to leave him this sad. It felt his heart is weeping but tears are not coming out.

I went closer and sat with him on the piano stool but he didn't stop. I played with him with my fingers trailing over his. And I felt a teardrop on my hand but I didn't turn because I know that will stop him and I wanted him to let it go. So I completed the song with him. We sat there for a moment then he got up and went outside in the garden. I followed him and saw him sitting in the shack near the pond. It felt so different at night. I remembered Caprice told me its his favorite spot but I never saw him coming here. I went to him and sat beside him.

After a moment he laid in my lap and I stroked his hair. I wanted him to tell me but I do not want to hurt him even more. Why he doesn't understand I care for him. Why don't he let me in. I will take of care him.

"My mom used to sing this to me and Chuck when we were young" I said to him stroking his hair."Then when she left, I used to sing it to myself whenever I got too scared to sleep in that closet." "Don't you hate her? She didn't protect you. She is the reason everything happened to you." He said laying in my lap looking at the night sky. "I used to. I used to hate her, blame her. I was angry at her. Hell, I was even angry at my Dad for being dead. Then as the time passed it got me thinking that my life is my responsibility not my mom's. She chose for herself whatever her life is right now whether she is a drug addict, or might be she is in some rehab maybe she already recovered or maybe she is dead is because that day she chose to leave. Whatever happened with me is because I chose to stay. Maybe if that night when Adrien asked me to leave and I would have, probably my life would have been different. I mean that town was in a way built by my dad maybe someone would have helped us. Maybe I could have found a way to contact Dad's family, maybe not. Maybe I ended up becoming a stripper or a drug mule for some random gang. Whatever happened to me was not because my mom left but because I stayed. I just miss her and Dad sometimes. What happened with me was not my mom's fault and I am sure what happened with Laeila is not your fault either." I said and he sat up. For a minute I thought I should not have mentioned Laeila. I saw what happened when Caprice mentioned her name but I did. I want to be a part of his pain like he is of mine. So I put my hand in his to assure him he has me now and always.

"Laeila was my sister"