Chapter 29

Sophia

I woke up but he was still sleeping still holding me like a five year old holding his favorite toy. I smiled at his innocent face. Who can think this man can kill you without blinking an eye?

I tried to get up. He got a bit disturbed but he turned and slept again. I got up from the bed and did my business. Took a shower. I was shuffling the closet not able to decide what to wear. After years I have so many options to choose from.

It's strange how the house where I came to be a whore and slave has given me so much while the home I grew up has took everything away from me.

I settled on a flowy full length blue skirt and off shoulder white crop top with bell sleeves. I stood out of the closet and got ready. He was still sleeping. I smiled at his peaceful face, I kissed his forehead and covered him with the blanket.

I left the room and went to kitchen. Alysia was not there guess it's still early. I was cooking breakfast when she came. "Good morning Donna" you woke up too early. "Good Morning Alysia honey. Hey you know where the pain killers are? Don was quite drunk last night. I guess he might have headache when he will wake up." I asked her and she took out the medicine box from the top shelf. "Here you go Donna. Signore Ricardo takes this only. Don may also take this one I guess. Normally he never take any medicine." I took the pill bottle from her and placed in the breakfast tray. "Thanks dear." I thanked Alysia and I took him breakfast. 

The moment I  reached the hallway I got collided with Ricardo. "I-I am sorry I didn't see you there. Good morning." I said to him. He looked at me with the same anger he used to have before last night. I got the signal and tried move past him

"Stop" as I took a step he stopped me. "I know last night I might have said something but I didn't mean that. Don't let any doubt come to your heart that you and I are sorted" I nodded and he continued with his harsh words "I know you took care of my brother. Ofcourse you would have. These are your acts with which you lured him anyway, like the one you are trying to pull right now" he said giving a disgusted look to the breakfast tray. I looked down and he continued "Don't even for a minute think that I trust you around him. I am watching you and you make one wrong move and I will kill you sister in law. I was high so don't think I let my guard down. Got it?"  he spoke in a low but harsh tone "Yes Sir". I replied not trying to stretch this conversation more than it already had. He rolled his eyes and said "I told you to keep this innocent act to yourself. Also you are the Donna of the most powerful Don and you don't know how to behave like one. Ofcourse you don't. This happens when you put crown on a peasant's head." Wow now I am a peasant too. He gives his workers more respect than he gives me even when he calls me sister in law. "You might have success on fooling my brother don't think you can fool me too. A whore will be a whore no matter how much gold you dig." He spitted his anger and left. I was hurt even though I wasn't shocked. I was expecting this. I did not expect him to be like all normal like he used to be but maybe deep down a hope was born last night. I blinked my tears away and entered the room.

He was still sleeping. For a minute I thought to wake him but then decided otherwise. He came pretty late it's better he gets his sleep. I kept the breakfast on the bedside chest.

I moved to glass doors and opened the drapes. As I turned my eyes fell on that shirt. I picked it up and saw that lipstick smudge . Shall I ask him about it? Should I ask him? Do I have this right on him? I looked at my wedding ring. Doesn't this give me the reason and my right to confront him. This do bind you to him but where is the ring that binds him to you. Where is his wedding ring? Don't forget he married you to punish you, this ring is the reminder of his ownership on you. But this marriage is real for me. We did took our vows in front of God. He is my husband. His name is attached to mine. Did this marriage nothing for him? He too vowed his loyalty to me. Do you have the courage to ask him? What if he gets angry ?  I kept the shirt down at the chair. Keeping this internal battle aside and left it on his mood when he wakes up I left the room.