Chapter 58

Sophia

We woke up in the balcony in each other's arms. As terror, anger and sadness engulfed him so did I to calm him down. We drifted to sleep sobbing in each other's hold. After listening to his side of story I wonder how he keep himself together.  How he is taking care of his family and stand strong for his brother, for Alysia and Caprice. There is only so much pain a man can take.

I promised myself to never betray him. No matter what happens I will always be with him. I love him and he will never loose me. 

The sun rays were falling on his other cheek behind his head making a halo. It made him look so calm and beautiful yet I could see the dried tears on his cheeks. I lightly brushed my hand on his cheek. How far have we come? He is same man who slapped the day he met me. The man I feared the most. Somewhere I still do. He is the man who has burned me in his rage so many times and today no one but him can provide me solace. I love him so much that his pain make my heart bleed. I moved closer to him and kissed him lightly on his lips and he opened his eyes with a smile. Smile that brings peace to my aching heart "Good Morning Damon" I said and he kissed me back. 

Days passed and things went back to normal. My health is now all better and Dr. Zack said I do not need any more medications. Caprice and Ricardo went on a vacation for the weekend and came back earlier today only with loads of shopping. Everything is well except Don from last few days he is tensed and no one knows why. Enzo come here almost every day and they both spend a lot of time in the study God knows discussing what. I tried to ask Enzo once but he only said "My rats are moving Sophia and they are not moving in the way I want". I couldn't understand the meaning behind his cryptic message and he didn't bothered with an explanation. I never pushed Don to tell me for one I keep my distance with his business and second he rarely comes. Either he spend nights with Enzo which he calls 'stake out' or he comes and sleeps as he lie on the bed.

Today I am all chirpy and excited because today is Chuck's birthday. I was all excited to be with him on his birthday after so many years. I baked him his favorite chocolate cake with blueberries. I thought to go to his campus and surprise him. So I was calling Don to take his permission to go but he is not picking up. Generally he always picks my call in a ring. Maybe he is busy somewhere. Thinking that I dropped him a text saying Can I go out for a bit?  Since he generally always say yes now whenever I asked to go out, I started getting ready before waiting for his reply.

I was all ready and I packed up the cake too. I called my driver to pull up the car from the intercom. As I was about to leave "Donna you should not leave the house without Don's permission". I heard Antonio from behind me. "I know Antonio, I will talk to him." I said. I didn't like his tone though. "But Donna you should call Boss first". He said causing my irritation to grew up. "Antonio I know what I should do. I have already called him but Boss is not answering. Plus I will be back soon." I said to him in my stern tone. I didn't think that did much because he still commanded me "Donna I will still say  you should wait for Don's response." "And I said I will be back soon" I said in an equally authoritative tone and stepped out without waiting for his reply. I scoffed thinking that now even bodyguards will order me around. As I was about to enter the car my phone buzzed. "No" just a one word reply from Don and I shut the car door with a bang. I called him back but he disconnected. I was so irritated that I have to face Antonio's smug.

"Donna where to?" John asked when he noticed me standing there not getting in. I looked at the cake. I need this to go to Chuck. But I couldn't go after seeing that NO. He will unnecessarily create a ruckus if I went. What's his problem,  why he said no. Ugghh. I almost cried thinking that again this year I couldn't be with Chuck on his birthday.

I gave that cake to John "Take this to Enzo Sir and he will know what to do" he took it and left and I called Enzo. "Wats up Angel, miss me?" I heard Enzo's flirtatious lines and it immediately brought smile on my face. "Always" I said to him. "Oh love you know we should have met earlier." He said continuing his flirting. "You sure know how to make a girl smile. Anyways listen I have send a cake to you. Please can you bring it to Chuck, its his birthday today and just tell him I wanted to come but I am not well. Tell him that I have headache and I will meet him soon." I told him. "Well My Lady your wish is my command. I will bring the cake to Chuck. But first tell me why exactly are you not going?" He asked and I thought for a moment what to say. "Sophia?" He asked pressuring me. I let out a sigh and "Well Boss's orders" I said with irritation lacing my voice. "What? Soph if you want you can come with me. I mean maybe he is worried." He said. Yeah maybe "Leave it Enzo, I don't want to go anymore. Please just see that Chuck have the cake, huh" I said though I still wanted to go. "Ofcourse love but don't forget my cake next time." He said and I shook my head smiling.