Chapter 26

Sophia

Its been two weeks since our wedding. I was sitting in the garden shack feeding the ducks and Caprice and I were talking. Caprice was the only one who now talks to me in this house apart from Don. Don too know that only he and Caprice talk to me but he do not interfere which is better only otherwise it will just turn into unnecessary arguments. But he take care of me a lot. He do small cheesy things to keep me happy. Like bringing me flowers, or my favorite chocolates every other day. He really showers me love sometimes but his anger comes to surface without warning like always.

Ricardo has made it pretty clear how much he hated me soon enough of my wedding when he threw the food that I cooked saying "You can keep your manipulating tactics to yourself Sister-in law. I am not fool enough to fall for some gold digger whore, like yourself", he spitted out in venom "B-But Sir I-" I tried to say but he cut me off "Oh, please cut the "Sircrap Donna. And I am not a love struck fool like my brother that you can wrap around your little finger by faking innocence. I know your kind, you are not the first whore Marc brought in this house, mark my words if you ever hurt my brother I will become your worst nightmare Sister-in-law" He said each word lacing with anger.  He avoided me from that day, he never spoke to me or ate my food, he never joke around with me anymore neither did he calls me Cinderella. It feels like he tries to forget that I live in the same house. I understand he is protective of his brother, I do not hate him, I would have done the same for my brother. I thought its best to give him time, so I try to avoid encounters with him as much as possible. I do started to care about him too, along with Caprice and Alysia, no matter he hated me yet he was my family too. I told the chefs to not mention outside that I still cook.  Don still can recognize but he also didn't mention about it in front of Ricardo. I don't eat with him and Caprice too. I ate in my room accept when Don is present than both of us have to sit there for Don. 

Alysia too was not speaking to me. She was tending Julio, he was still not back to work after Don has beaten him because I ran. Alysia was angry with me because I was the reason her Julio was injured. She was right on her part, if I hadn't ran he wouldn't be the victim of Don's wrath. She didn't say much but her coldness was enough to tell me that I have really burned that relationship. But I really wanted her forgiveness and that's why here I am with Caprice taking advice from her. She told me Alysia loved cheesecakes nothing could melt her like them. So I decided I will bake her cheesecake but I doubt if that would be enough. 

"Sophia" I heard Don calling from behind and I got up. He handed me some papers, "Sign on them above your name" he told me, I took the pen from him and signed the papers supporting them at the shack pillar. He handed me a envelope and told me "These are your saving account opening papers. I have activated your account, this envelope has the your cards in it, you can use them whenever you want ." "Oh I-I didn't need it. You bring everything anyways" I told him wondering why he is doing this. "And I will, but this is yours for yourself, ok?" he said cupping my cheek. "Thanks" I said with a smile. my money, wow that's something I haven't heard since my Dad has gave me my last allowance when I was eleven. I never thought anyone will do a thing like this for me. Treat me with respect of a wife rather than a whore. 

"Hey!! why not use it today, lets go shoppingggg" Caprice said getting up in excitement singing the word shopping. "I-I don't know" I said with a doubt, I do not want Don to think that I am splurging his money just the moment he gave me. "Oh c'mon you wanted Alysia to talk to you again ,why don't we buy her a gift too. Shopping is even better than cheesecake ,three of us hanging around, it will be the best. She wont be able to resist and hide more behind her already long drawn anger,  trust me." Caprice said coercing me. I wanted Alysia to get over it, maybe shopping would work more than just the cheesecake. "She too needed to get out, you know. How about you get dressed and I will drag her out? "B-But I , I-I don't kn-know" I said thinking what if she doesn't want to go with me. "Please It will be fun and you were just saying you were missing us. Please say yes, Pretty Please" She said with puppy eyes, how much she loves going out. But I was hell nervous as I remembered last time I went to a shopping mall, I don't want that to repeat. I asked Don hesitantly "Ca-can I go?" He smiled and replied "Yes" Caprice almost jumped with excitement, just the mention of shopping make her so happy "yayyy, come come come" she said dragging me along. "Take Antonio with you, and come back soon" I heard Don from behind "Yes Don" Caprice screamed for him to hear.