Chapter 42

Sophia

I reached our room, but couldn't see him. The bathroom door was ajar and I could hear shower running. I went inside the bathroom, it was already filled with steam. He was there in the shower leaning on the wall with the support of his hands and his forehead touching the wall. He had his clothes still on. The water dripping down to drain was red because of the blood of his injuries.

I wanted to comfort him, to take care of him, like he always comforts me. He is disturbed and hurt. He is not angry he is hurt, I can see it. He is hurt because of what Chuck said about Russo's cartel and about what he heard between me and Chuck. I don't know how I would have reacted if I heard him planning to leave me. I would have lost my mind too. I don't know who this Russo is and why he did what he did all I know is I can't see him all hurt and broken. He is my strength. I need him and I want him to tell that he has me. I am here for him always.

I opened the shower door and stepped in behind him. I hugged him from behind. He flinched a bit maybe surprised because I entered quietly or maybe because of his injuries. I put my arms around his waist and rested my cheek on his back. I kissed him on the back and he turned towards me. 

He looked me in the eyes and I touched his forehead and his bruises on the cheek. I cupped his cheeks and kissed him. I broke into tears as he kissed me back. I just couldn't control anymore. I can't hold it in anymore. I cried for everything. For Dad for Mom for everything that I lost. For every pain I felt. For whatever I been through before he came to my life. I cried for him too. I loved him I loved him so much. I can't see him hurt I can't see my brother hurting him. I cried hard, so hard. I hold onto his vest and slid down crying. I rested my head on his knees as I sat down on the floor crying. I wanted to say so many things to him. I wanted to tell him how much I love him. I wanted to tell him how much I need him. I wanted to say sorry for Chuck. I wanted to tell him that I trust him. I am with him always. But I couldn't. I couldn't say anything. All I could do was cry.

He pulled up my face with his hands on my cheeks. I looked at him and he pulled me up to stand. I stood up and I saw tears in his eyes too. I raised my hands to touch him but he pulled me into his embrace and I kept crying. He hugged me tightly and let me cry. I was letting it all out and he was taking it. No questions asked.

He turned off the shower and  picked me up in his arms with my legs wrapped around his waist and carried me to the room. He sat on the bed with me in his arms. Though we were too wet to be in bed but it doesn't matter. I do not want to leave him even for a minute to dry us up. I was sitting straddling his lap with my arms around his neck and head resting on his shoulder. He kept me close stroking my arms my back my hair. I was hugging him tightly. I don't want this moment to end. I don't want him to go. I do not want even a little distance between us.

I don't know how long I sat there in his arms and cried. I was still sobbing when we heard a knock. He shifted a but to move but I held him even more tightly. I shook my head in his shoulder. I do not want to break this moment. I do not want anyone else right now. He also didn't move then and kept holding me.

"Don" we heard Alysia. "Sorry to disturb you. I just wanted to inform you that Signore Charles is now well. He regained his consciousness and has taken the medication Dr. Zack has given. He is resting in his room". She said from outside. I was relaxed to hear that Chuck is all well. But I didn't move I was not ready to face anyone right now. All I want is him. "Grazie Alysia. See if he needs anything." he replied "Si Don" she said left.

He shifted a bit and I held him tightly thinking he is leaving. "P-please don't leave me" I said sobbing hard. "Relax Doll I am here I am not leaving you." he said in almost a whisper and I loosened my grip satisfied. He laid with me in his arms and I snuggled into him even more. I was lying on his chest engulfed in his fragrance his hands wrapped around me. My hands were wrapped around his neck. He was stroking my hair and back with one hand. I went inside that shower thinking I might comfort him but it ended the other way round. The moment I saw him my pain just came rushing back to me. I knew only he could take it away. And he did.