Chapter 40

Sophia

"D-Don" I stepped towards him. "I-its no-not what you think, we-we weren't-" he paused with holding his hand up. I saw he is bleeding, he has wrapped a handkerchief on the wound, how did he get that wound? "Don, how did you get hurt, you are bleeding, let me see it" I said moving towards him and he looked and said "Stop" His voice and his eyes were daring me to defy his command. I stopped in my tracks. He stepped towards Chuck, no, no he is so angry please God help Chuck.

"So kid, you will take her away from me, huh?" he said in a calm voice and it was scaring the hell of me. Please Chuck don't say anything stupid, better don't say anything. "Yes, I will take her away from this hell and your world" Damnit I closed my eyes in fear that Don might punch him in the face, but he didn't he smiled at him "You do that, you know. You did that mistake once you left her behind in the grips of a monster. You are right to think that you wouldn't want to repeat the same mistake again" he said to him. I stared at him wide eyed why is he saying this? I was so scared for Chuck. Then he snapped his fingers and motioned me to come towards them. I moved towards them with shaking feet. I know this is going to end bad. I know his rage, after all its not my first day here. I gulped in fear as I reached beside him, I was looking at floor and stealing glances with Chuck in a way blaming him why he had to say this? I should have locked the door, stupid me.

He held me by elbow and brought me between them. "I will give you a chance to take her with you" I looked at him with wide eyes, what is he saying "B-but Don I-" I tried to say "Quiet" He stopped me mid way "You heard me, kid. I will let you take her but you have to win her from me" he said. I could feel his anger even when he is not screaming or shouting. "How?" I found Chuck asking. Has everyone gone mad here. "Stop it". I said as I jerked my hands.

"Please Stop it, no body is winning me from anyone, I am not a toy or something. Please both of you listen to me" I said holding both of their hands with each of my hand simultaneously. I was breathing fast, I was getting too uneasy. My fear was rising I know Chuck is not acting in his right mind and Don will crush him. He will not care. I know he won't, he would never let me go. "Well doesn't your brother calls you my puppet. I guess he thinks of you as a toy." Don said taunting on Chuck's comment. "Everyone say this because you made her your puppet. You can scare her, brainwash her but not me. I know who you are, what you have done. Your best friend has told me your stories, and trust me I might have been impressed by your badass stories but I won't let a man like you near my sister" Chuck retorted, has he really lost his mind. "Chuck Shut up please, why are you fighting" I said holding his arm. I tried to make him understand that he is jumping into the fire he will get burn. "Really but you can let a man like Marc near your sister." Don said and I closed my eyes, what is up with both of them. They are fighting two high school teenagers. "It was my fault I understand I was ignorant. But Sophie will never undergo the same pain. I won't let her." Chuck said looking at me. My eyes soft for a moment I understand his emotions. "Oh ofcourse she won't because the only pain she will ever go through will be the one I give her." Don said with a smirk.

"I won't let you give her any pain anymore" Chuck said in anger I felt like I will faint in a moment. I don't want my brother and husband fighting. This will be not end good neither for Chuck nor for me. Oh God, please stop this. "Yeah about that, now see kid, she is mine. I own her. So I can and I will give her what I want to give her. I can and I will do what I want to do with her. You or anyone else in this whole fucking world and beyond, yes even the God are no one to 'let me' or 'let me not" Don replied him making hypothetical inverted commas for the Chuck won't let him part. "I am saying correct, Right Doll?" he asked me still staring at Chuck. Great, now drag me too in this pointless argument. "Don please" I pleaded him to end this. "I have asked you something." he said turning to me in a stern tone. His glare told me to better respond to him before it gets more ugly "Y-yes yo-you are right Don" I stuttered scared of him. Really Sophia he is the same man you confessed your love last night get a grip of confidence and stop stuttering in front of him for God's sake.

"See how scared she is of you" Great look what you have done with your stupid stutter now Chuck thinks you are fucking scared of him, he is not wrong I retorted with my conscious."Well she should be" Don said looking at me with his cold smirk that always sends a chill to the bone. I diverted my gaze to the floor still fidgeting with my hands "Your sister is intelligent enough to know that she should be scared of me. You should be too." he said to Chuck stepping a bit closer to him. My eyes went wide due to fear but I was surprised at Chuck's courage though he flinched a bit but he did not step back. He was doing this for me. I was so overwhelmed to see him standing up for me. But I want to explain him he is misunderstanding it Don will not break my heart. He won't hurt me. "How shall I win her back?" Chuck asked Don looking straight in his eyes."Fight me" What???

"D-Don wh-what are you saying, P-please he is just a kid" I tried to plead Don to spare him. "What do you say kid? Fight with me. Defeat me in street fight and you can take your sister. I will forget your debt and I will never cross your path. Both of you will be free. Hell you can even go to FBI like you were planning minutes ago, you won't get any problems from me" Don said casually. He heard the FBI talk. Oh my God. "N-No Don please, let go of this. I-I am sorry, I am sorry for whatever we talked, trust me Don, it would have never happened I would have never gone against you -" I was reasoning with Don when Chuck lost his mind completely "I am ready" he said accepting his challenge. "Wh-what! Are you crazy? No you are not ready." I said pushing Chuck back and glaring at him. "Don please" I begged Don to step back. But he was looking at Chuck challenging him "I will fight you and I will take her with me to a safe place". Chuck said and Don smirked "Shut up", I shouted at Chuck "But Sophie this is our only chance, your only chance-" he tried to convince me, how can I be convinced with the fact that my husband will kill my brother or my brother is planning to kill my husband so I cut him in between "I don't fucking need a chance. Why don't you understand? You are not fighting Don and you will not talk to him in this manner. Enough of this nonsense." I said sternly to Chuck and stopped him from making any further points and turn to Don. "Don please I am sorry. He is just -" "Looking out for his sister, which he should have done years ago. But its good he is coming around" Don completed my sentence and added his comment. Is he punishing Chuck for not protecting me? A question popped up in my heart. No if that's the case he will not forgive Chuck. "Don please I beg you" I said tears started to fell from my eyes and he finally broke his staring contest with Chuck and looked at me. He raised his hand to wipe my tear and I saw a flicker of concern but before he could reach Chuck said "What will be the rules of the fight?" Don put his hand down and whatever concern I felt was replace by his ever present coldness. He smirked "No rules kiddo" He turned to leave the room and said over his shoulder "Enzo might have taught you there are no rules in our street fighting. Beat me you win, but if you loose..." he stopped and turned to look at us. And this is what I was fearing to hear. He reached us in a second and held Chuck with his collar. My hand flew to my mouth. Please don't hurt him I was mentally praying to Don to not hurt Chuck. He is my brother how can the man who claims that he loves me more than his life can hurt my brother. Don held his collar in a tight grip and said with his gritted teeth with his eyes filled with raw rage "You will do exactly what I say, and you will repay me every cent you owe me in the way exactly as I want". There was so much conviction in his voice. He left Chuck with jerk and he startled a bit to hold his footing. "Be ready and meet me in the gym in an hour. Let's get this over with" he said leaving the room.

Damon left and I sat of the floor with my hand on my forehead what the hell just happened? why?