Chapter 72

Sophia

Three years ago

"Doctor, how is he?" Enzo asked him as we rush to him. "We are hoping for the best?" the doctor said. "Ho-hoping for the best? You are hoping for the best ? You were inside the operation theater for last fours hours and you are still hoping. What were you doing inside?" I blasted at him and Enzo tried to hold me to calm me down and I jerked him away "Tell me he is fine, that he will live. Say it. Say it Now" I held the doctor by his collar and shook him. "Soph-soph control yourself" Enzo said pulling and I fell on the ground. "Please say he will live, he can't die, he can't die" I was crying and repeating the same thing. He can't die, he has to live. Enzo sat beside me holding me. He tried to console me but that is not what I want right now, all I want is Damon. I want him alive.

"Doctor just tell what is happening?" he asked standing up leaving me on the floor. "Look Sir, your friend in there had severe injuries, there are multiple fractures in his ribs. There was a lot of blood loss and the bullet in his right arm was for quite sometime. You guys brought him really late. We have taken out the bullet though but the damage has already been done. We are waiting for him to gain consciousness only then we can say with surety that he is out of danger" he said and crouched down to me "Look Ms. I understand your pain, but trust me we did everything we could. I am sure with your prayers your man will come back to you. Take care." he said calmly rubbing my arms and got up. "We will be shifting him to ICU, I am sorry you people can't meet him yet" he told Enzo and left.

He left and we heard other set of footsteps coming towards us "What happened? Tell me that he is okay?" Alysia asked all worried as she saw me on the floor crying. Enzo held her before she loose her footing "He is fine. He is fine. Okay?" he told her "B-but then wh-why is Donna crying like this?" she asked reaching me. She sat beside me and I hugged her too tightly "Your Donna is just scared, but don't worry Don will live, huh?" he said putting his hand on her shoulder. She nodded to him still holding me "How is Ric?" he asked her and that's when I came back to my senses. She was so quite "Why are you quite? Alysia how is Ric, Alysia?" I asked shaking her "Doctor said that the bullet was too close to his heart. He is alive but-but he slipped into comma during surgery. We can't say when he will come out of it." she told us and my eyes went wide at the news. No, "Cap-caprice?" I asked her and she just shook her head. I got up and went to Ric's floor. "Caprice!" I called out for her when I couldn't see her. She came from behind a wall. I looked at her for a moment and then she ran to me and hugged me crying. "I am sorry, I am so sorry Cap, I am so sorry. This is all my fault, I am so sorry" I was blabbering and she kept on crying.

I sat with her and she finally catch a grip. "Its not your fault. This would have happened anyway. The reason why Don wanted him to stay away from Mafia is right there behind these white doors. He didn't want his brother to die. But this would have happened anyway because the reason why Don kept him away was the reason why he came in. That day when Don burned Russo's cartel, Ric was not supposed to go there. I tried so hard to stop him. I even threatened him that I will leave him if he goes today, you know what he said" she asked turning towards me and I shook my head "he said I love you Caprice, enough to let go of this world for you but I love my brother too enough to let you go. So he didn't go for you, he went for his brother.", she said and she was right in a way "but if I wouldn't be there he would be inside, fighting with his brother and then Don wouldn't let him get hurt." I said and she shrugged. "Till he has a gun in his hand, no one could save him. It will end eventually." She was so devastated. "Don't say this Caprice. Ric will be fine. He can't leave us" I said holding her hand "Oh he won't, I wouldn't let him leave me but better Don make it through. If anything happens to him, I don't think I will ever get my Ric back." She said with tears welling up ,"or my Soph, and trust me I have no intention of loosing my best friend. So tell your husband to better wake up." She said holding me by my arm and them she hugged me as I started crying.