Chapter 63

Damon

"Doll" I turned towards her. She was standing there. She looked so fragile. I reached her and pulled her in my embrace and kissed her. Kissed her hard. "Don?" She asked me confused as I broke the kiss leaving her breathless. I cupped her cheeks "Doll. What you have been through in the last 42hours you will never go through that again. I will never let you get trapped in such fear. I will keep you safe. I love you Doll and I promise you I will save your brother. But I need you to promise me that you will never hide anything from me. No matter what the threat is you will come to me. No one and I mean no one will come before you and I. No one will come between you and I. Promise me Doll." "I promise." She said looking me in the eye. "I am sorry Don. I lied to you. I was rude with you. I know how wrong it was to hide Russo's whereabouts from you. But believe me I cursed myself every moment. My guilt ate me more than my fear. I am so sorry Don." She said and I know she was saying it with true heart. I understand her fear why she didn't say anything. I have seen her loosing her mind. "That night in the woods I screamed your name but he cut me off. I wanted to run to you but I couldn't free myself from him. His hold was so strong-" "He touched you?" I asked,  and now my anger was on another level. She was silent, instinctively her hand went to my initials marked on her. I held her hand "Did he touch you? Here?" I asked touching my mark. "He-he" she was not able to make the sentence. Her eyes went to Ric and Enzo. I could see how uncomfortable she is telling in front of them. So I didn't push her. I will ask her later. And he will pay for everything he did to her. Fuck I was right here and she was in danger few feet from me and I couldn't save her. Hell with the promises I do?

"Ric check and restore the conversations they had on call. Maybe we can get something about the location." I gave him the phone and he connected it to his laptop. He mapped the software with her calls. "The calls aren't encrypted?" Sophia asked. "They are but I can crack it." Ric told her. "Oh" she said. "Here you go" he said motioning to me. I reached there and picked up the headphones to listen.

"Fuck" I threw the headphones. "There is nothing in these calls. Just him trying to scare her. No background noise. Nothing different."

"Why didn't you tell me right away?" I asked her irritated. That sick fuck was terrifying her, blackmailing her and I was ignorant about her pain. "I was scared. He would have killed Chuck." She said softly. "Well you told me now?" I said. It came out harsh than I intended.  Her eyes told me that she's hurt. But she didn't voice that out. She just wiped her tears that reappeared on my comment "I-I didn't mean that way. It's just I don't like the idea of anyone harassing you and I am unaware." I said trying to cover up. She gave me a half smile and nodded. But I know I fucked up and Enzo's look was saying exactly the same.

"What's the plan?" asked Ric. "Any word on Lola?" I asked Enzo. I told him to get the guards ask Lola about Chuck's whereabouts. "You are keeping an eye on Lola too? But why, you can't go spying on everyone." Sophia said interrupting us. "Sophia, how about I do my job without anyone telling me what I can and can't do" I said a bit too sternly.  Maybe my timing is wrong I know she is upset but I really can't take anyone meddling with me. "I-I am sorry" she said looking down.

"Do I have to ask hundred times to get the reply" I said to Enzo. In a way my anger washed over him. "I got the report on Lola. She and Charles kind of broke up last month. She hasn't  had anymore than casual encounters at college." Enzo told me. "They broke up! Why? How's -" Sophia blurted but stopped midway as her eyes met mine. "Sophia why don't you go and wait in the room. I will let you know when you are required." I said to her. I can't take her getting disturbed on every little thing. "No! I-I am sorry. I won't interrupt again. Please don't keep me out." She pleaded and I looked at both Enzo and Ric and they are kind of siding with her. I sighed "Fine, but Doll make this the last time you spoke when not spoken to. While you are here, only speak when I ask you to. Got it?" I told her sternly getting a disapproved look from Enzo. But I have very little time and I can't comfort her every now and then. She need to get herself together. I looked her waiting for the response. She was looking down embarrassed that I kind of scolded her. "Got it Sophia?", she knows I hate it when she do not reply me. "Y-yes Don" she said in a low voice. Her eyes were filled with silent tears. I let out a sigh. Fuck, why I am being such an asshole.