Chapter 44

Sophia

He did come back. Drenched in blood. I got up slowly from the bed I couldn't believe my eyes. His shirt was open and there was so much blood on his chest. Blood was dripping from his hands. Even his face has splashes of blood. I have never seen him like this. I know he is a killer I have seen him killing people, but this. This wasn't a bullet shot he took on someone. This is much more than that. This is the face of the tourturer. The Satan. Exactly what he is being called in his world.

Is it his blood? Can you even stand after being so much injured? Whose blood is this? I was unable to blink, unable to say anything. I was as shocked as I was when he raised his knife at Chuck or maybe more.

I reached towards him but as I raised my hand to touch him but before I could reach him he brushed passed me and disappeared in the bathroom and I could hear the shower.

I thought to follow but stopped. I went inside yesterday to comfort him but today I can't make myself move towards him. I sat on the edge of the bed thinking does this mean my love for him will diminish. No, even looking him soaked in someone else's blood which he has drawn I am sure still I couldn't make myself hate him. Does that make me equally fucked up as him.

I waited for him to come out. I don't know how to ask whose blood was that. Does he killed him? I waited and waited but he didn't came out. Its been 30mins since he is inside. That's awfully long for shower.

I don't know how much courage I mustered to take each step towards the bathroom. I was scared to the bone. I do not want to hurt him even more than he already is. I entered the bathroom and I saw him past steam. He was sitting on the shower floor facing towards the doors his head touching wall his knees closer to his chest. His shirt and jeans were lying on the bathroom floor outside the shower cubicle. His eyes were closed. The water draining was red. But there was something else, that made me move towards him. Move towards the demon has just came back from punishing someone. That were the sniffles.

He was crying. No he was griefing. The kind of grief expressed when the love of your life dies.

Watching Damon like this hurt me to the core. I reached inside. He didn't open his eyes but his sobs stopped.

I touched his shoulder. His icy cold shoulder. The water was so cold, how is he sitting in this? He opened his eyes. "T-the water is cold". I said and he nodded. I turned off the shower. I sat across him with my back along the shower doors. We sat there in silence for I don't know how long but it was better this way. But sometimes no matter how peaceful the silence is you need to break it to make that peace last past that silence. So I broke it

"Who is Russo?" I finally asked the question that I was holding up inside since a year now. I came to know that Don hates Russo since I came here. I never asked him thinking not to push but now I need to know who is this Russo who hurt Damon to this extend.

But my question met with silence. He got up and left the shower walked into closet. I sat there with closed eyes how was I so stupid to ask him. Now he will get more annoyed. More hurt. One thing I didn't want. I got up and left shower. My eyes went to his shirt and jeans lying on the floor. I picked up the shirt and the blood came on my hands. For a moment looking at my hands painted red took me back and all of a sudden it wasn't shirt in my hands but it Adrien lying there lifeless. I gasp as I got up and closed my eyes.

I opened my eyes after few moments and Adrien was gone. Just his clothes lying there. I shook my head. The memories I kept buried started coming to surface after I opened up the box and told everyone about my past. Not talking about it made me belief that it didn't happen, but now, now its real. Too real.

I bend over and picked them again. I took them to the basin and washed them. The shirt it just seemed to not get cleaned. As much as I am cleaning it, the blood was still coming out. It felt like no matter how much I wash the blood just doesn't come out of my hands and his shirt.

"Why is it not coming out?" I almost said to myself when I heard a reply in a voice I thought I will never hear again."Because once a murderer is always a murderer Princess Sophia" I looked up and saw Adrien in the mirror. The knife I stabbed him with is still hanging out from his neck blood still dripping. I screamed.

"Doll what happened?" I heard Don shaking me when I came to my senses. "What are you doing?" He asked looking at my hands. I was holding his shirt under water and rubbing the shirt and my hands vigorously to get the blood out. "I-I wa-was cleaning it. B-But the blood is no-not coming out. It-it is not coming out of my hands." I said and started rubbing it again. "STOP" He said so sternly that my hands stopped on their own account. He closed the tap and took my hands. He bring it in front of me "See it's clean. Look " he said as he kissed my palms. I looked at now my clean hands. He held both my hands with his one hand and picked the shirt with other. "It is clean too. See no blood" I saw at the shirt the water dripping is transparent. "I-I it was there. I-I am sorry I might have drifted." I said to Don. "Why did you scream? He asked me the question I was fearing. What to tell that I am loosing it. "N-nothing Don". I replied turning towards the basin to look in the mirror. In a way assuring that Adrien is not here. He turned me towards him "look at me" he said and I looked at him. I hate how he trained my body to obey him. "Tell me" he said in a serious tone. He knows I can't lie to him looking in the eye. I never had that courage in me. "I-I it felt like I mean I kind of saw A-Adrien" I said averting my gaze. He pulled me in his arms and hugged him. "Relax Doll. You are not alone. Don't be scared amore" he said softly brushing his fingers in my hair. I nodded in his chest and hugged him tightly wrapping my hands around his waist.

We were sitting on the bed in with his arms around me. My head was on his chest and his fingers were stroking my hair

"You hate me now?" He asked all of the sudden making me jolt towards him. "No Damon, of course not why would say that?" I replied to him. "In a way you saw today what I truly am. The monster you thought I was. Every story you heard about me, everything your brother says about me about how ruthless I am. It's all true Doll and you know it. You know it wasn't my blood. I am the Satan they say I am Sophia"

"Satan is not evil, Satan punishes evil" I said as I cupped his cheeks and kissed him. He looked at me like for the first time he was understood. "I know you will never kill an innocent. You are not alone too Damon. You too need not to be scared. You need not to run from your demons. I am here to face them along with you. I love you. I will always love you. Trust me. And I will wait till you accept me enough to open up and let me in. No matter how long it takes" I said touching my forehead with his. I just wanted to reassure him that I understand and he is not alone.

"It wasn't Russo's blood today. It was Marc's." I looked at him with wide eyes. "But he is not dead. Not yet. He still has to beg you for his life. Then you will become his end. That was your promise right. Keep your promise. Be his end." He said looking into my eyes holding me captive reminding me of every agony Marc has given me and the promise I made to him the day of the auction.